Detached retina.

I get it dude. I've always felt that vision is the top dog of our 5 senses. Take away the sense of smell, taste, even hearing, and it would suck but life could still be tolerable. Lose your vision and things are bad.

Ever see that Ewan McGregor film, perfect sense?
Some fast spreading virus which gradually kills of the senses, with hearing and sight being the last two.
Not an amazing movie or anything, but it has the capacity to fuck you up if you get into it.

Thanx a lot guys.

To answer the question about work, I'm at work right now. Technically, I should be sitting at home looking at the floor for a week. But, seriously, who the hell's going to do that? It's my last day of work here anyway, so I didn't want to miss it. I figure if I sleep face down, I'm facing down at least 9 hours of the day, so that's pretty good.

As I said earlier in this thread, when I was a kid and got injured/hit in the eye I ended up in the hospital for 3 days with both eyes bandaged, because when you move one eye the other eye also moves. Maybe the concern doesn't apply in your case, dunno. But in a sense surgery is trauma, sort of a controlled injury. After having laser surgery that didn't take, and now more surgery, you don't need anymore problems or last ditch efforts.

I'm not trying to be a downer, but take it easy man. It aint a good time to man-up. You'll more than likely be just fine. But best to proceed with caution, I would think.

After I had my cat surgery, 3 days out from surgery a fluke....a small wood chip went boink, dead center right in my fucking eye(I wasn't even cutting wood or anything :wtf:). Scared the shit out of me. Alls i'm saying is the world is in the right place for crazy shit to happen. Take care.

Good luck.

ps: After having cat surgery and as a result, I learned to really appreciate the gift that is good eyes. I went out and bought a decent pair of safety glasses. Whenever I do anything that may in the least bit chance result in anything getting in my eyes I slap them boys on. They make some that aren't that bad and are a far cry from the birth control glasses of old.

Here's to a speedy recovery, Rami. And for chrissakes, don't end up recording on a Zoom. :D

Technically, I should be sitting at home looking at the floor for a week. But, seriously, who the hell's going to do that?
me ...... when I have surgery I do what the docs say plus some. Don't care if I'm bored ...... I've seen far too many people fuck up because they pushed their recovery. Got a friend right now who's gonna have to go thru a second hip replacement for that very reason.
I'm way late to comment on this so hopefully you won't have any problems but personally I would never do what the doc said don't do.

Back