Detached retina.

That's some scary shit. Beware that black wall closing-in is the word, shit is getting serious.

You're a personal trainer, yeah? After I had cataract surgery and then some laser thing I was told not to lift anything heavy for a while, over 10 pounds I think it was. I suppose when you lift something heavy your eyes kind of naturally bulge, pressure from straining I reckon. I'm sure your doctor would have given you this advice/order if applicable....but you never know, might be good to look into, or at least remain cautious.

When I had the cataracts I didn't realize what it was, in denial or silent acceptance. I thought I was just losing my eyesight....once laid down spades and a club, then declared Flush! :facepalm: Once I finally saw a doctor under wife's orders (i'm hardheaded about going to the doctor) it was quite the moment when doc told me surgery would solve the problem and return my eyesight. Not being able to see well sucks.

Anyway, glad you're okay. Don't be hardheaded like some and do as ordered by your doc.

Thanx man. Yeah, I got my cataracts done, but that was about a year ago. I'll definitely wait until it's safe to lift again after this surgery, too. So, are you saying you had the same thing? Detached retina? If so, then you saw that tunnel getting smaller and smaller. One of the scariest things I've ever experienced, and I've had heart surgery, which didn't scare me at all. Maybe that's because I'd rather be dead than blind, so my attitude towards the heart surgery was "Whatever, I either wake up or I don't". In this case, it's "I'm not going to die, but I might be blind". Sitting in the waiting room, seeing myself go blinder by the second was the most surreal thing I've ever experienced.

Dayam. Heart surgery would scare the shit out of me. I'd probably be all like, nah, i'm good. Well not really, but if it was sort of an elective surgery thing....

No, I didn't have the black wall, but my eye doctor(s) talked about it several times, and preparing/researching for my cat surgery I read a bit about it. My left eye was really bad with cataracts. I didn't even realize that much that my right eye is pretty fucked too until after I had my left one done. You of course know that they will only do one at a time....in case anything goes wrong you're not totally screwed. I've yet to get my right one done, The left with the artificial lens is starry as shit sometimes, weird rainbow effect to the side and fairly extreme stars around headlights and street lights. Eventually i'll have no choice, but I prefer my own natural eye right now, even though somewhat limited in functionality.

We're on the young side to be cataract dudes. Heart surgery, wow.

Dayam. Heart surgery would scare the shit out of me. I'd probably be all like, nah, i'm good. Well not really, but if it was sort of an elective thing....

No, I didn't have the black wall, but my eye doctor(s) talked about it several times, and preparing/researching for my cat surgery I read a bit about it. My left eye was really bad with cataracts. I didn't even realize that much that my right eye is pretty fucked until after I had my left one done. You of course know that they will only do one at a time....in case anything goes wrong you're not totally screwed. I've yet to get my right one done, The left with the artificial lens is starry as shit sometimes, weird rainbow effect to the side and fairly extreme stars around headlights and street lights. Eventually i'll have no choice, but I prefer my own natural eye right now, even though somewhat limited in functionality.

We're on the young side to be cataract dudes. Heart surgery, wow.
Yeah, I'm way too young for either of those things. But it's a good thing I got into working out pretty young, because I was handed bad heart genes. My dad was a non-smoking, health-concious, body-building gym teacher, and even HE had a heart attack at 65, quadruple bypass, and then died of a massive HA at 71. I didn't help my case by being a heavy pot smoker on and off since I was 13. Funny thing is, when I had my heart attack, I had almost stopped smoking (maybe that was the problem :D ).

You should get the second eye done. The difference is awesome. I got mine done about 3 months apart.

Hey, question begs to be asked....

Did you ask the doc if your cat surgery possibly had anything to do with your detached retina?

Hey, question begs to be asked....

Did you ask the doc if your cat surgery possibly had anything to do with your detached retina?
It most probably did, though they can never know for sure. But, your chances of this happening are increased if you had cataract surgery, myopia, a hard hit to the head, and a few other things that I can't remember right now. But, it probably had something to do with it.

Great.

When I was a kid about 13 I got hit right smack in the eye with of all things a badminton birdie(playing partners and my partner was using a tennis racket). Doc said to my mother with me sitting right there in the room that there was a good chance i'd lose sight in that eye(right eye). Three days in the hospital with both eyes bandaged(you move one they both move) and I came out okay, although I supposedly have an increased chance of glaucoma.

The nurses were nice, really nice. 13, going through puberty, both eyes bandaged....the sponge baths were awesome. I just know they got a kick out of lifting the top of my underwear to check out my schwing. Hell, at that age you can get a woody from a stiff breeze, much less some sweet talking nurse rubbing all over you and lifting your skivvies to take a peek.

But, your chances of this happening are increased if you had cataract surgery, myopia, a hard hit to the head, and a few other things that I can't remember right now.

It was the hard hit to the head that explains why you can't remember that stuff right now.

Wow man, I know you're into martial arts and you're a personal trainer and all. Did you get hit in the head during some sparring or something?

Never heard of a detached retina. Sounds like wallpaper peeling off your eyeball.

I'm glad you had it in mind to get it checked oout rather than some macho attitude where you blew it off and you went blond in one eye. I mean blind.

Hee! :D

I didn't get hit in the head. This is most probably a side-effect of my cataract surgery. My eyes probably just rebelled against having that surgery about 30 years too early. :eek:

Rami, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything is ok when you go back. Good Luck,
Rod Norman

Rod, I really appreciate that. You seem to be a really nice guy. Just the fact that you took the time to post something like that to someone who has not been nice to you at all tells me you're a good person.

In case it makes any difference, a few hours after our last exchange about "mastering" I think it was, I went back and deleted anything that I directed at you on a personal level. I took out all the insults I threw your way, so they're not there any more. I totally disagree with much of what you say concerning recording, but the personal insults were un-called for.

I'm not saying any of this because of your post in this thread. I deleted all the personal stuff the same day I posted it, a few days ago.

Thanx again for the positive thoughts.

Laser surgery didn't take. Got to go under the knife next Wednesday. He warned me it's going to be painful. Something about pins in my eyes and shit. Not looking forward to this, but hey, it could be worse.

I don't want to go blind. It's too late for me to become a blues singer.

I wouldn't even know what to call myself.

Wet Biscuit Rami?

"Rami Kin" works for me for your blues name, but then I have a thing for small ceramic cooking dishes... but I hope it doesn't end up that way.:thumbs up:

Good luck dude! Check in when you can and let us know you're OK.... any spelling errors forgiven in advance... :D

Back