Coming to Cali/LA, what to see? Where to go?:)

I think it's hilarious that the dude has joined HR and his first and only post is about where in California he should visit. And he's winding up with burger advice.

But then he is Polish...

Don't harsh his mellow dude...

I did a quick google and nothing really popped up In Los Angeles yo need to know somebody usually to get into the studios. I got nothin. Guitar center Hollyweird is always fun they have seminars at 10 AM every Saturday....and Peavey Hollywood is right across the street.

The grammy museum is very cool and right next to the Staples center which is right next to the corner of 9th and Figueroa where the infamous Pantry resides....awesome sour dough, coleslaw and Americana comfort food...Open 24 hours a day since 1924 and has never closed it's doors...ya gotta go there for breakfast...damn! anytime of day....

To be hip to what's going on go online musically and just stay in tune with whats up LA WEEKLY

Lastly disregard the geographically challenged advice to not eat a burger at In-n-Out.....(I guess somebody oversold him on what to expect and he was less than impressed) In-n-out is a California phenom, the first of it's kind..Is it the best burger you'll ever eat? not likely ...is it the best fast food burger chain burger you'll ever eat? Quite possibly and definitely the freshest...also their burger sauce is the bomb... Order your burger "Animal style" ...the fries are peeled and sliced fresh on site..

Good luck on your journey... The waves have been HUGE they might still be when you get here...Huntington Beach is SURF CITY USA

Last edited:
I think it's hilarious that the dude has joined HR and his first and only post is about where in California he should visit. And he's winding up with burger advice.

But then he is Polish...

Well, I just joined this forum 'cause I thought it's good place to find some info about recording/music related things in Cali ;)
I am member of Gearslutz for quite a while, but no one answered me there, so I thought Ill give it a shoot here.
Btw - Im vegetarian so burgers aint for me :D

I did a quick google and nothing really popped up In Los Angeles yo need to know somebody usually to get into the studios. I got nothin. Guitar center Hollyweird is always fun they have seminars at 10 AM every Saturday....and Peavey Hollywood is right across the street.

The grammy museum is very cool and right next to the Staples center which is right next to the corner of 9th and Figueroa where the infamous Pantry resides....awesome sour dough, coleslaw and Americana comfort food...Open 24 hours a day since 1924 and has never closed it's doors...ya gotta go there for breakfast...damn! anytime of day....

To be hip to what's going on go online musically and just stay in tune with whats up LA WEEKLY

Lastly disregard the geographically challenged advice to not eat a burger at In-n-Out.....(I guess somebody oversold him on what to expect and he was less than impressed) In-n-out is a California phenom, the first of it's kind..Is it the best burger you'll ever eat? not likely ...is it the best fast food burger chain burger you'll ever eat? Quite possibly and definitely the freshest...also their burger sauce is the bomb... Order your burger "Animal style" ...the fries are peeled and sliced fresh on site..

Good luck on your journey... The waves have been HUGE they might still be when you get here...Huntington Beach is SURF CITY USA

Thank you for your time on replaying me ;) Wow, 3 pages and one reply, still better then gearslutz, hehe.
I'll be in Huntington Beach so hopefully ill have a chance to try some surfing.
Grammy Museum - thanks, will definitely go there!

I'd take Sacramento off your list and make Vegas a definite. Hell, I'd take all of California off your list and make Vegas the only stop.
Coming here just for Pennywise show, so Ill have a walk there, won't be staying for too long ;) - We're going to South Lake Tahoe to our friend, so why not.
I hope we'll be in Vegas for 2-3 days also.
Cheers!

Lastly disregard the geographically challenged advice to not eat a burger at In-n-Out.....(I guess somebody oversold him on what to expect and he was less than impressed) In-n-out is a California phenom, the first of it's kind.

It's a fucking Wendys.

This geographically challenged non-californian lives in the epicenter of cooked beef. I can tell with authority that IN-N-Out sucks.

It's a fucking Wendys.

This geographically challenged non-californian lives in the epicenter of cooked beef. I can tell with authority that IN-N-Out sucks.

Hook, line and sinker......:thumbs up: BTW Does not!

Hook, line and sinker......:thumbs up: BTW Does not!

I mean, I expect someone like you, a bloated burnout SoCal pothead with permanent munchies, to love some mediocre local homer fast-food shit like In-N-Out. I get it, I really do. But I know better.

YO Wojt

Cool studio and website...sweet.

BTW I used to work with a bunch of Indian Veg heads...They love in-n-out They order a grilled cheese ( Bun, Cheese, in-n-out spread / sauce, lettuce and tomato) and animal fries ( Fries with grilled onions, cheese and in-n-out spread)

Tahoe is AWESOME ...you will be blown away

Vegas is a must see as it is a meca for everything that we capitalist American pigs stand for excess, excess and a little more excess...oh yeah and innovation and coolness. And yes there is an In-n-Out there too!

If you are able to get down south to San Diego there is a way hip club you need to catch a show...The Belly up Bar n grill

A tour you might get a kick out of is the Warner Brothers Studio tour.. I had the opportunity to work there for a few months back in the 80's when Spielberg was working there...Not sure if they let you into the audio mixing studio but all I can say is I saw it back in the 80's and it was HOLY SHIT Cool...

Greg...To set the record straight......I don't smoke pot...drink alcohol..or do illegal drugs. My wife and I raised two great kids who both have Masters degrees and own homes in Cali, I own and operate a successful business and get to travel the world as a result of it.

You like to be the rebel, the non conformist, the anti establishment guy...It's a role and you play it well.

---------- Update ----------

Veggie burger = bun with no patties?

:laughings:

Go to The Counter or Hodads

No a veggie burger is a burger patty made with veggies that = gross

Veggie burger = bun with no patties?

This one time at a McD drive-thru I heard the girl in front of me order a cheese burger without the burger. She had to say it a few times for the drive-thru lady to understand. :laughings:

Some people... :rolleyes:

Greg...To set the record straight......I don't smoke pot...drink alcohol..or do illegal drugs. My wife and I raised two great kids who both have Masters degrees and own homes in Cali, I own and operate a successful business and get to travel the world as a result of it.

You like to be the rebel, the non conformist, the anti establishment guy...It's a role and you play it well.

---------- Update ----------

No a veggie burger is a burger patty made with veggies that = gross

:facepalm:

This one time at a McD drive-thru I heard the girl in front of me order a cheese burger without the burger. She had to say it a few times for the drive-thru lady to understand. :laughings:

Some people... :rolleyes:

I was in Prague in the early nineties when veggie food was...well scarce

They just has a MDs built there and it advertised veggie burgers...id never been in an MDs before but I was desperate so I bought it...salad on a fucking bun lol

Last time I had a meat burger was an accident. I bit into it and thought "man this veggie burger is tasteless" maybe they all are in fudruckers ;)

I was in Prague in the early nineties when veggie food was...well scarce

They just has a MDs built there and it advertised veggie burgers...id never been in an MDs before but I was desperate so I bought it...salad on a fucking bun lol

Last time I had a meat burger was an accident. I bit into it and thought "man this veggie burger is tasteless" maybe they all are in fudruckers ;)

Wow part of me would have liked to seen Prague right after the velvet revolution...hear it was a pretty dirty dark place..I didn't start going until 2000 and it was bright and shiny awesome.

Wow part of me would have liked to seen Prague right after the velvet revolution...hear it was a pretty dirty dark place..I didn't start going until 2000 and it was bright and shiny awesome.

the beer was good, and cheap...strangely there were around 20,000 yanks living in the city centre....very bohemian

I visited there in 1991 when I was living in Germany. It was an interesting place. I loved it at the time. Very beautiful city, everything was till being figured out. I would like to go back.

I visited there in 1991 when I was living in Germany. It was an interesting place. I loved it at the time. Very beautiful city, everything was till being figured out. I would like to go back.

I ended up going there several times a year between 2000 and 2007 ..Love that country and Prague is incredible. When heading out we'd stay at the Diplomat Hotel and there was a huge Petroff Grand piano way off in the banquet area they'd let me play to my hearts content...to try and get on U.S. time I'd jam on that thing till the wee hours...then go catch a shower @ 4:00 AM and then go jump on a plane. Good times.

Back