It was 14 years ago today ...

mjbphotos

that I marreid my bride. Wll actually, it was just the public ceremony - we had done a private one 2 months before so we could get her work permit paperwork started (green card immigration from canada).

Where does the time go/

Congrats - do you have any kids ? Marriage is tough but it keeps me out of trouble. I've learned to say "Yes Dear" a lot.

thanks, guys. I was working last night (running my regular open mic), so its out to eat dinner at our favorite restaurant tonight!

You don't know what you're missing without kids. Then again, maybe you do...diapers, crying, clothing costs, toys, stepping on legos, teenage hormones, college tuition it never stops.

You don't know what you're missing without kids. Then again, maybe you do...diapers, crying, clothing costs, toys, stepping on legos, teenage hormones, college tuition it never stops.

Yup! What I would be missing: time to do music, money to do music, going to concerts on a regular basis, out to eat at nice restaurants on a regular basis ... all things I see others with kids NOT doing, as a general rule, at least until the kids are into their mid-late teens. Having kids makes you "grow up" in a hurry. My wife said before we got married "you can grow old, but don't grow up"! If I had a kid 9 months after we got married, I'd be 63 by the time he graduated high school - poor kid! :facepalm:

---------- Update ----------

Happy anniversary Mike. We just went over 15 years, ourselves. :)

Thanks, hope you celebrated it well!

If I had a kid 9 months after we got married, I'd be 63 by the time he graduated high school - poor kid! :facepalm:

It's like you're talking right to me. I met my wife later in life, too. Before we got married, we decided not to have kids. Too old, other plans, etc... Nature had other ideas. So, we got married to get her green card and on my insurance. Then we agreed that would be it; one kid. I kept meaning to make that appointment for the 'snip' but nature was faster than my lazy appointment-making-ass. Second kid at 44. She'll be graduating college around the time I retire.

I wouldn't have it any other way. If I was younger when I had kids, I probably wouldn't have had the maturity level to raise them properly. They seriously would have turned out to be real delinq's, similar to their dad. I think now I have the patience it takes and the financial stability to be comfortable, 'cause they can be expensive. There is a sheer joy in raising two monsters into thoughtful, caring adults who will change my diaper with love when I'm old and senile. :D
Thanks, hope you celebrated it well!

They don't slow us down. We take them with us everywhere... and took them to Fogo De Chao to celebrate our anniversary. (That place is great). And because we took the kids, we invited some friends to celebrate with us.

It's like you're talking right to me. I met my wife later in life, too. Before we got married, we decided not to have kids. Too old, other plans, etc... Nature had other ideas. So, we got married to get her green card and on my insurance. Then we agreed that would be it; one kid. I kept meaning to make that appointment for the 'snip' but nature was faster than my lazy appointment-making-ass. Second kid at 44. She'll be graduating college around the time I retire.

I wouldn't have it any other way. If I was younger when I had kids, I probably wouldn't have had the maturity level to raise them properly. They seriously would have turned out to be real delinq's, similar to their dad. I think now I have the patience it takes and the financial stability to be comfortable, 'cause they can be expensive. There is a sheer joy in raising two monsters into thoughtful, caring adults who will change my diaper with love when I'm old and senile. :D

They don't slow us down. We take them with us everywhere... and took them to Fogo De Chao to celebrate our anniversary. (That place is great). And because we took the kids, we invited some friends to celebrate with us.

They won't change you diapers when you get old....the will stick you in the nursing home

They won't change you diapers when you get old....the will stick you in the nursing home

See, that's why I married someone 14 years younger than me - she can change my diapers!

Chili - I'm sure you don't regret not 'snipping' in time - I did it a year before we got married, because we made the same decision about no kids (she actually has a grown daughter from when she was much younger and single).

Congratulations, I hope you have many more happy years together.

My wife and I have been married for 37 years and over the past ten years we have forgotten our anniversary four or five times. It doesn't bother either one of us if we forget, but I wouldn't recommend it for most couples.

Hey, congrats man. There is nothing better than finding another human that you can spend your life with. I've been blessed more than once by finding that right person. Here's to another few decades!

Back