What's goin' on with everybody

C'mon DG. You need to step into the 2020's. Prince's 1999 is classic rock now! Disco has already had a revival (it think it's due to return again), and VHS tapes were still holding on over DVDs.

Y2K didn't happen, so you can come out of the bomb shelter!!! :LOL:

BTW, I keep planning to try to upgrade my old AW16G to use SD cards instead of the puny 20GB hard drive. I kind of like the way Yamaha set up their system vs Tascam's 2488. I imagine using the 02R was pretty nice, but it was WAY out of my price range back then. It was a stretch just to get the 16G!
If you would like to buy me all new equipment I will go for it.

What’s going on tonight is this view with a heavy wine buzz and wishing I had my boat again

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpeg
    IMG_0715.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
Well. It's always something. As some may know my best friend and drummer passed away about a year ago. His wife asked me to keep my gear there and continue to use their basement as a studio so I did. Just got a phone call from her. Evidently she accidentally dumped an ashtray into a trash can and started a fire. I'm getting ready to go see how bad it is and pack it all up (whats left) and take it home. Fuck.

Well. It's always something. As some may know my best friend and drummer passed away about a year ago. His wife asked me to keep my gear there and continue to use their basement as a studio so I did. Just got a phone call from her. Evidently she accidentally dumped an ashtray into a trash can and started a fire. I'm getting ready to go see how bad it is and pack it all up (whats left) and take it home. Fuck.
Oh so not good. Insurance? Hope you're not too fucked.

Oh no

So how fucked are you?

Just finishing up making the new doors for the old shed. Pictures at 11:00. When in the house I spend most of my time in the basement and sleep there with two cats and usually a guitar. I sometimes wonder how many species of spiders I am living with. I should start making a list. I let the spiders live, I figure they will help me keep some of the other varmints down here to a minimum. I go up and down the stairs probably thirty times a day? A lot. I am probably going to be found at the bottom of them one day. I had a musician friend, a fairly well known PSG player, pass that way recently. Often as I come down the stairs I think of him. That should pass, time wounds all heels.

Last edited:
Spiders, typically I don't fret and leave them be. Last week I grabbed the sawhorses from out by the shed and a few sticks of salvaged lumber to make a tomato trellis. Set the sawhorses up, placed a stick of wood, retrieved the circular saw to make a cut. There on the stick of lumber was a big black and shiny spider with three red dots on it's abdomen. Black widow. Pretty cool looking spider, but I'm not liking it. Where there are one there are likely others. Be careful and cognizant of where thy places thy hand is a good rule of thumb.

About 10-15 years ago, time flies, a drummer friend was coming up out of his band room basement and fell backwards hitting his head. He never woke up until they pulled the plug. Happens that quick. Playing a funeral for a friend isn't a fun gig. As we get older it is good practice to walk this life with purpose and careful consideration. I suppose the second worst thing to falling down the stairs to imminent death is finding your loved one lying there.

I suppose the second worst thing to falling down the stairs to imminent death is finding your loved one lying there.

Doobie, it's funny you mention that.

Some years back, I decided to go downtown one night to catch a concert. While I'm rocking out, my son called the house to check on me. I didn't answer. He called my cell phone... I didn't answer. You can't hear a phone ring when Gov't Mule is cranking, and the vibration mode wasn't very strong. I didn't respond to his texts.

After 4 or 5 calls, he got in the car and drove over to my place. He went all over the house looking for me. He said he was sure he'd find me lying at the bottom of the stairs or something. It wasn't until he looked in the garage that he realized that I was gone.

He read me the riot act for not letting him know I wasn't going to be home like normal.

I had a flashback to those high school days! :giggle:

Doobie, it's funny you mention that.

Some years back, I decided to go downtown one night to catch a concert. While I'm rocking out, my son called the house to check on me. I didn't answer. He called my cell phone... I didn't answer. You can't hear a phone ring when Gov't Mule is cranking, and the vibration mode wasn't very strong. I didn't respond to his texts.

After 4 or 5 calls, he got in the car and drove over to my place. He went all over the house looking for me. He said he was sure he'd find me lying at the bottom of the stairs or something. It wasn't until he looked in the garage that he realized that I was gone.

He read me the riot act for not letting him know I wasn't going to be home like normal.

I had a flashback to those high school days! :giggle:
Well, the house is a rockin', don't bother knockin'...

Spiders, typically I don't fret and leave them be. Last week I grabbed the sawhorses from out by the shed and a few sticks of salvaged lumber to make a tomato trellis. Set the sawhorses up, placed a stick of wood, retrieved the circular saw to make a cut. There on the stick of lumber was a big black and shiny spider with three red dots on it's abdomen. Black widow. Pretty cool looking spider, but I'm not liking it. Where there are one there are likely others. Be careful and cognizant of where thy places thy hand is a good rule of thumb.

About 10-15 years ago, time flies, a drummer friend was coming up out of his band room basement and fell backwards hitting his head. He never woke up until they pulled the plug. Happens that quick. Playing a funeral for a friend isn't a fun gig. As we get older it is good practice to walk this life with purpose and careful consideration. I suppose the second worst thing to falling down the stairs to imminent death is finding your loved one lying there.
I have never seen a black widow here in the east. I lived in Colorado for over ten years and saw plenty out there. I have never seen a brown recluse, I guess that is why they are called a recluse! Anyway, except for those two there isn't any others to worry about around here. As a young lad I once took a cocoon that was on the stem of a plant and put it in a jar I wanted to see what kind of caterpillars would emerge. I wound up with hundreds of baby spiders in a jar.

Last edited:
It's kind of rainy here today. Well, not necessarily rainy, wet. Too wet to do anything outside inside the house. Wife is at work, gets home about 5.

I'm considering day-drinking. Heh. Definitely not normal operating procedure. It's currently 2, I would have to go to the store for beer....by 5 I could be well on the way to there's no turning back now. She won't be happy, but by that time I won't care, will just play it off with a pinch on the butt and kiss on the cheek. As you all are well aware I'm a charmer. Man, I could throw back some beers, watch some youtubes, play my guitar, maybe even pull up a movie. The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean, Paul Newman, that's a good one,haven't seen that in a while. A good mix of humor and storyline. Of course I'd have to put on some warmer clothes, it's a bit chilly here today and I can't get my drink on if I'm cold. Cold beer, warm room, that's what I always say. Well, I don't think I've eversaid that, but I'm saying it now.

Whatdoyouthink? Go for it? What the heck, you know? What else am I going to do with the rest of the day, and evening? I start now I could bring bad by maybe 11 pm. Efficiency, gettin' 'er done. Don't put off until after 5 what you can get after right now. If I wait til she gets home, you know how that goes, the look, or more. That looks, and more, that just messes up my drinkin', know what im sayin'.

C'mon now, who's with me? Do I have your support on this thing? Who's up for joining me? As the old saying goes, itsrainy and wet somewhere.

It's kind of rainy here today. Well, not necessarily rainy, wet. Too wet to do anything outside inside the house. Wife is at work, gets home about 5.

I'm considering day-drinking. Heh. Definitely not normal operating procedure. It's currently 2, I would have to go to the store for beer....by 5 I could be well on the way to there's no turning back now. She won't be happy, but by that time I won't care, will just play it off with a pinch on the butt and kiss on the cheek. As you all are well aware I'm a charmer. Man, I could throw back some beers, watch some youtubes, play my guitar, maybe even pull up a movie. The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean, Paul Newman, that's a good one,haven't seen that in a while. A good mix of humor and storyline. Of course I'd have to put on some warmer clothes, it's a bit chilly here today and I can't get my drink on if I'm cold. Cold beer, warm room, that's what I always say. Well, I don't think I've eversaid that, but I'm saying it now.

Whatdoyouthink? Go for it? What the heck, you know? What else am I going to do with the rest of the day, and evening? I start now I could bring bad by maybe 11 pm. Efficiency, gettin' 'er done. Don't put off until after 5 what you can get after right now. If I wait til she gets home, you know how that goes, the look, or more. That looks, and more, that just messes up my drinkin', know what im sayin'.

C'mon now, who's with me? Do I have your support on this thing? Who's up for joining me? As the old saying goes, itsrainy and wet somewhere.
Go for it! I dont drink. but hey what's a few beers if you can handle 'em?

Dog, I forgot tomato juice. Wanted to drink red-eyes. Maybe it's a regional thing, tomato juice and beer. Some people put the equivalent of 1/2 one of those small cans of tomato juice per 12 oz beer. Not me, I go about a finger and a 1/2 or less juice in the bottom of a glass and then a full beer. Fits perfectly with a 12 oz beer. Not today, I got the 16 oz aluminum cans, so I can top it up without leaving my seat. Perfect.

No tomato juice, so I took a can of whole tomatoes and put it in the whizzer. Divided some off into a jar, thinned with a bit of water, added a tiny bit of salt. Tomato juice, with maybe a little extra fiber. It's like a health drink, plus, with benefits. Some folks add hot sauce, maybe salt & pepper, not I. I'm a purist, except on rare occasions eating seafood I might add some Old Bay seasoning.

Also got some pork rinds, chicharrones, one Hot and one Salt-n-Pepper. I'm in redneck heaven.

I know y'all are all on the edge of your seats, will he be back? Fuck that, I'm blowin' this joint. Too much anger here, all mad and what not, some of y'all ain't got what they call there that "bedside manner". Judge Roy Bean here I come...maybe a little music first. Maybe this one..."that's a big 10-4"...

Hells to tha yeah 🤟🤟🤟

I can’t join because I did two nights in a row and need to detox a little tonight. Plus I’m trying to make a dent in a project and hope to have it ready tomorrow….I say that now lol but we’ll see

Jeez. You act like this is some speshul casion. the fuck?

Back