Toby Keith

TAE

All you have is now
An old buddy of mine took Toby Keiths "I should of been a cowboy" song and wrote new lyrics for it and called it "I should of been Toby Keith"
He did this @ 10 years ago but with Toby's passing it is even cooler..

I had no idea this guy could play guitar or sing. I knew him when I was like 13 years old in Boy Scouts. His Pops was an english teacher at my junior high school. He was always a super nice kid...he grew up to be a English teacher himself...

Anyways I like this version and think it is pretty clever and well done and thought I'd share here...

Last edited:
An old buddy of mine took Toby Keiths "I should of been a cowboy" song and wrote new lyrics for it and called it "I should of been Toby Keith"
He did this @ 10 years ago but with Toby's passing it is even cooler..

I had no idea this guy could play guitar or sing. I knew him when I was like 13 years old in Boy Scouts. His Pops was an english teacher at my junior high school. He was always a super nice kid...he grew up to be a English teacher himself...

Anyways I like this version and think it is pretty clever and well done and thought I'd share here...

Pretty cool. I enjoyed it. Really good tone.

That was nice. I liked Toby a lot.

The first time I saw him was at the Annapolis Naval Academy (I think that's what it's called). He was great. For his encore he performed a new song, Courtesy of the Red White and Blue. Just him and his guitar. It was excellent.

As the years passed, and the feud with the Dixie Chicks played out, his USA stance in his performances got bigger and bigger. They added full band to the Courtesy, and the final time I saw him, the bass was cranked like it was a hip hop concert, Courtesy was the finale. They had cannons of streamers and other ridiculous shit. The Annapolis version should have been released, that was beautiful.

He has enough hits he'll always be remembered.

Back