Now that's what a rock band's supposed to look like

Your mom said she doesn't like the new friends you're hanging around with very much. Why can't you play with some nice boys?
iu
Now that is really what a rock and roll band should look like. Performers should always be dressed better than the audience.

I am not sure when this was taken, but I do know that AC/DC and Cheap Trick were on a Tour opening for the Who in 79 in Europe. I had seen the show in Nuremberg at an outdoor festival. Pretty good show I must say and while, believe it or not, I had heard of these bands (AC/DC and Cheap Trick, but they were not well known at the time.

They both really rocked and showed why they were going to be pretty big.

I am not sure when this was taken, but I do know that AC/DC and Cheap Trick were on a Tour opening for the Who in 79 in Europe. I had seen the show in Nuremberg at an outdoor festival. Pretty good show I must say and while, believe it or not, I had heard of these bands (AC/DC and Cheap Trick, but they were not well known at the time.

They both really rocked and showed why they were going to be pretty big.

I saw Cheap Trick and AC/DC(with bon scott), '79 sounds about right, I would have been 16. Perhaps the year before at 15, which sounds more righter. First up was a band called Nantucket, Cheap Trick, then AC/DC. Killer show, really good. Caught a pick from Rick Nielsen. Had it for years, at some point couldn't find another and used it. You know how it goes from there.

It was an absolute rockin' show. Heyday. Angus did his little strip tease thing, then in his undies got on Bon's shoulders for a little walk on the floor through the crowd. Walked right past me, I think I may have got a little sweat on my shoulder, hard to say. It was rowdy, although a good mixture of boys and girls.

First thing that caught my eye in looking at that pic was Malcolm's Gretsch (double) Jet. Sanded down Firebird, '63 I think. I picked up a black (standard?) double Jet several years ago, 2 pickups. '62. A badass little guitar, fun to play. Love the double cut away look. He heavily modded his...removed the center and neck pickups, all tone controls and switches. I think he may have even removed or disengaged volume control. '62 Double Jet, something about playing a guitar older then yourself that can almost make a man feel young again.

Back