Still alive and well

AWESOME guitar tone! You did a great job finding the really exciting frequencies that make it come alive. Nice bass and vocals as well.

The whole thing has a great sense of energy to it. My only critique is that there's some rushing here and there - in the vocals at times and the guitar as well - that kind of bumps the groove off the rails for a split second, but it quickly gets back on each time.

Overall, though, that was a really fun listen. Thanks for sharing!

Frickin great job brother! The vocal could be a little more up front / louder, spread apart maybe, a smidge more verb on it too...but that's just how I'd season it. Love this song and love your rendition...I find myself singing this song all the time as I walk this planet at a whopping 69 years of age...

There's nothing like a little Johnny and Rick to perk things up in the morning, eh?

Glad to hear you're still looking at the green side of the grass! :thumbs up:

Hey Jimi,

Hey! That's me singing and playing drums. :D

I very rarely come here, but I do check out the clinic once in a while. I got banned a few years ago, and I'll probably get banned again once they find out it's me. Even though I'm not looking to start any trouble here.

I only joined to say that you could have at least mentioned my name when you posted it here and on your Soundcloud page (Where it's been up for 4 years).

Thanx man.

Last edited:
It seems I can't send someone a private message until I have a certain amount of posts?

So, I'll just repeat that this is me singing and playing drums. LOL!

Last edited:
I'm not trolling. I just want to be able to send a PM. I'll stop posting once I have enough posts to do that, and then I'll stay away.

I'm hoping 5 posts will do it. If not, I'll stop posting.

I apologize. I don't want to pollute the thread. Just trying to get enough posts for a PM.

Last edited:
@Random dude Would be cool if you got credit. You always put out great music and were willing to collaborate with others.
Thanx brother. I like Jimi. Never had a problem with him. If he only forgot to mention me in this thread, I wouldn't have cared. Anyone can forget. But I went to his SoundCloud page and noticed there was no mention there either (it's been up there for 4 years). :)

Last edited:
Thanx brother. I like Jimi. Never had a problem with him. If he only forgot to mention me in this thread, I wouldn't have cared. Anyone can forget. But I went to his SoundCloud page and noticed there was no mention there either (it's been up there for 4 years). Seems a little devious is all I'm saying. :)
To play devils advocate, could be an oversight or just trying to put some music up quick to share on the forum.

My own SoundCloud (which I’ll rarely use)
Doesn’t have shit for info up on it. Sometimes won’t even have the song title on it. I’ll just say something like bounce 1.

Point is I just use it as an online storage bin to share here. Any actual info would be on the thread.

And as a platform, no one ever listens to you or finds your music on SoundCloud unless you’re known to some degree. And I’m most certainly not. That’s been my experience anyway.

So, lack of credit could be totally unintentional.

You could be right.

It's not the end of the world either way. But I know that if I posted something from 4 years ago here, I think it's safe to say that most people would present it something like "Hey guys, this is one I did with "fellow forum member's name" a few years ago". I know I would.

It's all good. It just caught me by surprise since I've collabed with a ton of people, and it's the first time I ever see someone post something I played on and not mention it.......Here or on Soundcloud (where it's been up for 4 years).

Back