So dead here now. What happened?

This site did a lot of tearing down of old stuff, which is inevitable.
But then it didn't build any new stuff, which, well, just makes for less stuff.

There is some good content. You know, stuff like the merits of tracking as hot as possible and automixing and auomastering. :D

Your assessment of the posters on the forum surprises me. I don't know how to take you. Do you think the forum is lacking in talent?

Yo Robus, the meat and potatoes content of HR.com has not changed. Steen can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe he was speaking of HR.com but of "The Cave" which was probably pre your coming here.

It was was a no real rules, let the bull shit fly, "off topic" forum within HR.com that was a damn interesting, comical and fun place to come and BS back in the Conestoga wagon days of the internets. Quite a cool blend of musicians and homewrecker personalities. Personalities would come and go and come back again...a book could have been written on the phenomenon that was the cave. There was a change in ownership and a change in attitude of what was acceptable and not...a lot of people got the ban, a lot of people just quit coming and what was left was a cesspool of back biting, controversy and drama. Enough was enough and the ownership 86'd the cave and Prime Time
(which was "The Cave" for sensitive types and cat lovers... originally appropriately called "Jenny's Place") took its place.... Not the Cave and with the restrictions set can never be no matter how much talent comes and post here. Prime Time is G rated...the cave was allowed to be X rated...two different animals. Though the original cave is sorely missed what it came to be is certainly not.

What doesn't help the forum is constantly bitching about it but....you guys all know that already.

Oh my god, this place sucks...I hate it. *stays online for 12 hours straight to remind everybody*

There's really only one or two guys that still actively give a fuck about the stupid cave, and they don't post content anyway. Get the fuck over it.

What doesn't help the forum is constantly bitching about it but....you guys all know that already.

Oh my god, this place sucks...I hate it. *stays online for 12 hours straight to remind everybody*

It seems like it's just the guys that used to be involved in the Cave community years ago and tripping on how different it is now. It's no big deal. I definitely don't hate this place or miss the cave but it definitely is different. And if you haven't visited in a while I can see posing the question of what happened. There were annual gatherings among members for a decade. People were tight.

If only there were other ways for those good ol cave BFFs to stay in touch. Maybe one day there will be a technology for that. Like maybe some social network or something.

Maybe they weren't true BFFs after all.
No technology is needed to sustain a proper, pure BFF relationship.
:D

If only there were other ways for those good ol cave BFFs to stay in touch. Maybe one day there will be a technology for that. Like maybe some social network or something.

Some of the people dropping in were around before facebook. And with unique user id's it's hard to find people outside of the forum.

And I'm not complaining. It's just what I'm seeing. The mods seem to be confused or irritated with why this keeps happening. I'm just trying to provide perspective.

Some of the people dropping in were around before facebook. And with unique user id's it's hard to find people outside of the forum.

You mean with all this stupid nostalgia talk of kumbaya jamfests and early cave days, and no one actually knows who each other is? Well then maybe these people weren't the great friends others thought they were.

Somebody asked a question. Is there a stock answer you prefer that everyone give?

And I'm not complaining. It's just what I'm seeing. The mods seem to be confused or irritated with why this keeps happening. I'm just trying to provide perspective.
It would seem that even giving honest opinions is troublesome.

Back