I went to Disney two weeks ago

Wife and I went 26 years ago for our honeymoon (we were deprived as children lol)
It was dirty, run down, crowded, cheap displays, just a joke.
But I can tell my grandchildren that I went to Disneyland !!!!

Holy shit... I went to Disneyworld as a kid in the late 80s. I remember getting poisoned by some sausages at breakfast and my dad having to pull the car over so I could do a technicolour yawn at the side of the road.

I went to the one in California as a child in the late 60s. I dug it. The Pirates of the Caribbean was the shizzle! My wife went to the one in Orlando with a friend last year to run the marathon. They had a blast. The only downer was long lines for the rides. She wants to go back, so I probably will go with her at some point. But I hate standing in lines.

Wow, you all were toasted by a lot of bad luck!

I went to Orlando in an excursion in 1991 with my dad (I was 25 and he was 60) and then we visited Disneyworld, some cinema studios parks, Rosie'o'Gradies and Medieval Times. It was all great. No intoxications, no problems, small rows, everything was working, all fine. I am not sure but I think it was between summer and winter. It was a 13 days ride including 3 days in Miami.

The only "issue" in the whole trip is that I found USA food quite weird for my standards. All stuff (from pizza to pasta to salada to burgers) had the very same taste, be in street places as well within the parks. I think they used the same industrialized spice? Of course I just ate crap stuff in fast food places. The only exceptions when I ate real prepared (and good) food was in a Cuban and in a Brazilian restaurants in Miami downtown.

But of course, all of this happened 25 years ago...

:)

Far and away my least favorite place on Earth. Been there many times and can never un-experience it.

Ouch, you are really scaring me. LoL. I had this plan to bring wife to visit Disney, although I confess that I have a paranoia about visit USA after so many terrorist attacks in crowded places. Oh, well, you are showing so many thumbs down that it is making me think that USA is not being a great destination lately...

:(

Anyway, one of the things I really liked in Disney parks were the apparent safety sensation about the toys maintenance. Here in Brasil I NEVER go to any park because they treat the installations like shit, so it's not uncommon to have an axle broken causing to throw someone several meters away and getting an awful injury. A few time ago I read in the news that a small boy died electrocuted in an attraction after to grab an iron handrail. How are the safety on Disney nowadays? There is a chance that the maintenance is in the same boat of poor quality?

:eek:

How did the double IPA work out for ya?

Im still at it Chili lol...tonight is Coronado Brewery Sock Knocker...my fave. At the height I was on Stones but I think Ive ruined it as its now associated with violent vomiting :D

Ouch, you are really scaring me. LoL. I had this plan to bring wife to visit Disney, although I confess that I have a paranoia about visit USA after so many terrorist attacks in crowded places. Oh, well, you are showing so many thumbs down that it is making me think that USA is not being a great destination lately...

Anyway, one of the things I really liked in Disney parks were the apparent safety sensation about the toys maintenance. Here in Brasil I NEVER go to any park because they treat the installations like shit, so it's not uncommon to have an axle broken causing to throw someone several meters away and getting an awful injury. A few time ago I read in the news that a small boy died electrocuted in an attraction after to grab an iron handrail. How are the safety on Disney nowadays? There is a chance that the maintenance is in the same boat of poor quality?

Theres 45 murders everyday, I wouldnt worry about terrorists lol

They shouldve renamed the resort pool to virus soup!

Theres 45 murders everyday, I wouldnt worry about terrorists lol

They shouldve renamed the resort pool to virus soup!

Oh, c'mon... nothing can survive the chlorine in that water. You got sick because you ate at a restaurant in Florida. Damn rednecks. :mad:

Oh, c'mon... nothing can survive the chlorine in that water. You got sick because you ate at a restaurant in Florida. Damn rednecks. :mad:

Ha! we only dined at Disney, had their meal plan...and their pools have no chlorine, they use bromide

thwarted again evil dr Chili!

:)

Ouch! When I was there in '91 we stayed on Sheraton. I remember the excursion guide talking about how nice (and expensive) was the Disney Resort. How things change!

it was a lovely resort...we stayed in the Animal Kingdom Lodge...Giraffe and antelope walking the hotel grounds, very nice, very clean...but pricey.

Its the fact theres a million dirty children running around...Cant remember having a virus like this

My son found a loaded revolver on a ride. True story.

Grandma Finds Gun On Disney World Ride | Deadline

, although I confess that I have a paranoia about visit USA after so many terrorist attacks in crowded places.

You do realise that having this attitude means that the terrorist's have won the war. I actually have the outlook that the world is actually safer now than ever in the history of man. For example London used to be bombed nightly during the second world war, then the IRA bombed it almost daily during the 80's. So why is it considered more unsafe now? The USA has had how many actual terrorist attacks? I think you can count then on 1 hand, the rest of the attacks were homegrown pissed of or mad people and these are not terrorists just looneys and these are everywhere.

I travel to India every 2 years or so and my friends tell me how dangerous it is? Well it's no more dangerous than getting out of bed in the mornings and driving to work, if your time is up then your time is up, live life to the full.

Alan.

This guy has been to Disneyland (California) twice after age of 30. Needless to say I have a different wife now...

I did learn that I needed better shoes with arch support...

Back