Thank you to the community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get to use it. The rest of you guys owe my country publishing rights.

Talking about grammies and all that stuff: we're getting a guy who worked on the Gravity soundtrack to talk about post production and surround sound mixing to speak at my university next week. Should be cool.

I get to use it. The rest of you guys owe my country publishing rights.

Talking about grammies and all that stuff: we're getting a guy who worked on the Gravity soundtrack to talk about post production and surround sound mixing to speak at my university next week. Should be cool.

Next you be wanting us to pay for the use of Kindergarten (A place to grow children ;) ).

Next you be wanting us to pay for the use of Kindergarten (A place to grow children ;) ).

Well, we owe you guys lots of fees for having anglicized the German language. You barely even need subtitles to listen to a German teenager anymore since every third word is English!#
The worst is when they talk about audio gear. We don't seem to have words for "Equalizer", "Threshhold", "Gain", "Kick", etc.

Lol. It's so stupid that this term is having it's 15 minutes of internet glory. I'm seeing this word everywhere now.

Hipsters like myself have been using the term for decades. :D Also, "Hevelspending". Admittedly, this word has fewer possibilities for dropping into conversation, as it is a noun that means “the gasp made by one who, walking in the morning, smells spring in the air for the first time after a long winter”.

Well, we owe you guys lots of fees for having anglicized the German language. You barely even need subtitles to listen to a German teenager anymore since every third word is English!#
The worst is when they talk about audio gear. We don't seem to have words for "Equalizer", "Threshhold", "Gain", "Kick", etc.

Yea, when I listen to my nephews and nieces, they have so much English in their discussions, I just have to smile. Now if I can just understand that Schwaben dialect. :eek:

Hipsters like myself have been using the term for decades. :D Also, "Hevelspending". Admittedly, this word has fewer possibilities for dropping into conversation, as it is a noun that means “the gasp made by one who, walking in the morning, smells spring in the air for the first time after a long winter”.

Sounds like something from The Meaning of Liff... and I think I used "schadenfreude" in a song when I was a pretentious 19 year old... it wasn't such a good rhymer then... still isn't... :laughings:

We're down to five months. Whodathunkit. Which is German for, "I can't believe we're still doing this, but ain't it kyool?", don't ya know?

We're down to five months.
Yup, and the "Vander Walls" better hurry up and start selling albums. I don't know anyone that's heard of them, Google gives me nothing, their Facebook page has only 247 "Likes" (I realize that's 247 more "Likes" than I have, but I'm not the one getting ready for my GUARANTEED Grammy nomination in 5 months), and the last post on their Facebook page is from March of this year.

But it's ok, because he's been 100% assured that they'll be nominated for a Grammy, and he was completely sincere (as sincere as I've been all through this thread) in the fact that his post was simply all about "thanking the community". What a nice guy. :)

Ten pages of beating up on the OP? Okay, the original claims seemed kind of silly. People pursuing the dream have done a lot worse in the effort to drum up some kind of buzz and get noticed. Anyway, the tracks he posted seemed well put together, well played, well sung. Fairly generic, but that's true of nearly all "alternative rock" (a term that might have made sense in the early 90s).

Hey, he made his bed. He has to sleep in it. The responses are proportional to how "sincere" he was in his claim that he's just here to "thank the community". I don't see what the problem is. Nobody said the music sounds like shit. It's well produced...so is "Nickelback", but that's besides the point.

When someone claims that they are GUARANTEED (not "hoping to be", not "probably") to be nominated for a Grammy, while also admitting that they don't even have representation, hardly a fan base, and no record sales to speak of....well, then they have to accept whatever response they get from that.

If the "Vander Walls" do indeed get nominated for "Album of the year" at the 2016 Grammy's, I'll be the first one congratulate them. I'll congratulate them here, on their site and anywhere else.

But if not, then maybe he shouldn't be posting on a forum full of musicians making the claim that he made. On top of that, the whole "just came back to thank the community" line is as sincere as I and everyone else is being. So, if you have a problem with the reaction to his post, you should also have a problem with his post.

Having said all that, we're all just having a bit of fun. Nobody insulted anyone and it didn't get anywhere near nasty or hateful.

When he wins that GUARANTEED Grammy, I'm sure he won't give a shit what a bunch of nobody's on a home-recording forum have to say.

I personally would like to thank the whole community for helping to make me rich, handsome, tall, and talented.

* sent from my satellite phone on my yacht, whilst cruising around the south seas*

Life is great and I have all you fine folks to thank for it.

You have my sincere gratitude.

:D

I personally would like to thank the whole community for helping to make me rich, handsome, tall, and talented.

* sent from my satellite phone on my yacht, whilst cruising around the south seas*

Life is great and I have all you fine folks to thank for it.

You have my sincere gratitude.

Ah, I get it now. If you say something, it makes it true.

But you forgot to say "GUARANTEED". Amateur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back