let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Thank you so much, BroKen_H !
It really took some time and efforts to make it...
And I am happy I have finally found this forum, a place with so many "soulmates" :)
Cheers Guys (and Girls, if any :) :) :) )

Hi Everybody :)

My first post here. Sharing some pics of my small home studio.
Actually, "once upon a time" that used to be my daughter's bedroom. She is a student already, some good 1,700 klm away from home...
And that's what happened when her room was left unoccupied for so long :)

It was really a challenge to squeeze inside the room a small recording booth (for electric guitars and bass) and
have enough space for a mixing desk outside. In addition, I had to utilize some old furniture. Finally I ended up with something close to the
LEDE concept, pretty much a "dead" environment. Absorption panels are on two side walls and ceiling. Some Eurocoustic and Ecophon products were used.
I did everything by myself, working during the weekends. Finished for month and a half...

The booth itself is a complete "room-in-a-room". Built on a double floor of several layers, including deadsheet, mineral wool and plywood, with
no contact whatsoever with walls and ceiling. Result is quite good, with sound levels of >100dB inside, in the mixing room playing the guitar is barely heard. In
all rooms around, bellow and above is dead silence.... :)

A Sketchup drawing of the room. It did not happen 100% as planned initially... but I had to live with that:
View attachment 93247

Construction stage:
View attachment 93248

Booth almost ready...:
View attachment 93249

Final result. Recording booth:
View attachment 93250

Some of the guitars :):
View attachment 93251

And of course.... some of the Gibsons:
View attachment 93252

Finally, the mixing room:
View attachment 93253
View attachment 93255
View attachment 93254

Cheers to everybody !

Looks like a nice creative space!

It will. I only finished the garden last month so it really is in it's infancy at the minute. Loving watching life grow in it though.

:thumbs up:

Yea, I could tell it was new, plus I remembered you had just moved into your new house sometime last year. Looks like it is going to be really nice. English gardens are always great to look at (at least what get's shown ;) ).

It is a good room for me. Although attached, it's away from the house at the back of a long extension giving me a lot more freedom, time-wise, as to when i can make a noise. I'm a bit of a night owl and in this room I can make a reasonable amount of noise all through the night without anyone hearing a thing.

I'm slowly getting all my instruments up on the walls and the hardcases out of the room. Nice to have more space. :thumbs up:

I did a recording session today, and tried out using some old wood underneath my acoustic guitar, it's a great trick if you want a lively sound, it really makes it sound far better in my room for anyone who's interested here's a picture of it:

View attachment 93331

Funny, I was going to do that experiment in my little room, but I really like the way everything records in here. Think I'll have to re-think it. Have some nice finish plywood out in the shed that was going to be a table top for our outdoor furniture and never got it cut before the table scrapped...guess I should just get off my back end and get it in here. Someone here was interested in how it would sound.

You and Mike B were interested if I remember right. Ben, can you do some A-B recordings with/without the wood on the floor? PLEASE???? (I used the magic word :))

You and Mike B were interested if I remember right. Ben, can you do some A-B recordings with/without the wood on the floor? PLEASE???? (I used the magic word :))

Yeah - most interested! I've got a stack of Pergo in the basement that I'm trying to get the reverse curve out of that I could lay down for this same purpose.

Well, here's my humble abode. The control room photo is not totally up to date --- there are a few more goodies in there now, and the monitors are different --- but it's fairly recent.

Attachments

• Control room (web).jpg
    Control room (web).jpg
    667.7 KB · Views: 431
  • Studio 2.JPG
    Studio 2.JPG
    687.3 KB · Views: 422
So you run a 246 along with computer recording?
How do you like that big vol knob?
Btw, room looks tidy.

So you run a 246 along with computer recording?
How do you like that big vol knob?
Btw, room looks tidy.

Thanks. :)

I haven't done much in the hybrid sense yet and don't really intend to. I mostly use the computer as a necessary evil for work, and I use the 246 for my own fun stuff. I do have a JLCooper sync box which will allow me to sync them, but I haven't really used it yet other than testing it to see if the computer chased the 246, which it did!

Here are some updated pictures of the racks.

Oh, and I love the TC Electronic Level Pilot! Works like a charm and is really convenient. :)

Attachments

• Left rack.jpg
    Left rack.jpg
    934.3 KB · Views: 406
  • Right rack.jpg
    Right rack.jpg
    931.6 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
Cool! Looks good. I love racks full of stuff.
Didnt you get the Yorkville monitors along with a semi busted alesis amp a while back?
Haha! Love the marshall knobs on it.

Back