Why does my TV buzz.....?

R

RAMI

It only buzzes when a graphic comes on the screen, like a baseball score, or any writing or graphic. Should I change where it's plugged in? Is this considered a grounding thing, or something else entirely?

Hurry up and answer, you morons!!!!

I have a hockey game starting in 23 minutes. I need good sound!!!!:mad:

:D

It only buzzes when a graphic comes on the screen, like a baseball score, or any writing or graphic. Should I change where it's plugged in? Is this considered a grounding thing, or something else entirely?
Actually, all kidding aside, that is not the first TV I have heard do that, but, sorry, can't help ya, never found out what caused it.

I used to have that on my old CRT TV - no ideas sorry but I know exactly what you're referring to. And Go Habs Go!

When whites exceed a certain brightness value they can interfere with the audio portion of the signal and cause buzzing.

Michael Jordon made the exact same joke on David Letterman, referring to his shoes which had no white on them (He replied to Dave "Just like the NBA".) So, I'm just quoting a great star. :D

I wasn't serious. If you hadn't said it, I was going to. It was the low-hanging fruit.

bouldersoundguy is right, though. I remember noticing when I was nitpicking after buying TVs in the past and looking for flaws, whenever there was a lot of white on the screen, I could always hear a little buzz.

Generally speaking, if you throw a hammer (or any other blunt object) directly at the screen then the TV stops buzzing. Just got to be careful to not damage the drywall behind it.

Rami, what brand of TV is this?

As mentioned earlier, only old school cheap ass CRT sets do crap like that.

Also, did it just start doing this recently or has it always done it?

Cheers! :)

Back