That the fault is in our stars

Chorus:
Turn the light on turn your mind on
Time doesn't wait forever
Don't blame it on me can't blame it on you
Can't help feeling
That the fault is in our stars

Bad ass jam man. It sounds like some 70s style classic rock funk :thumbs up:

I don't think I can give any advice because the stuff I've been working on has my ears out of whack for this type of music... LOL but it sounds good to me :D

Bad ass jam man. It sounds like some 70s style classic rock funk :thumbs up:

I don't think I can give any advice because the stuff I've been working on has my ears out of whack for this type of music... LOL but it sounds good to me :D

HA! That was quick! Thanx man. :cool:

I wasn't sure if the weird timing (7/8) would be off-putting. It works for me, but I got used to it working on the tune. This was my first tune with my new re-amp box.

HA! That was quick! Thanx man. :cool:

I wasn't sure if the weird timing (7/8) would be off-putting. It works for me, but I got used to it working on the tune. This was my first tune with my new re-amp box.

I have re-amp box as well, but my guitar sounds like ass no matter what I do. Then again it's not a proper baritone and I'm just using extra thick drop tune strings. Gotta have the right tool for the job I guess...

Great tune Rami. It's pretty syncopated, a complex arrangement. I never really got into alot of the real syncopated stuff like Rush, Yes, and Tull...It was just too complex for my redneck pea brain to absorb I guess.
That being said, I really like this song. I love the harmonies and tones you laid down on this one. It's a flawless performance and I don't hear anything that prompts me to make a constructive suggestion to improve it. Fantastic recording as usual Rami

I have re-amp box as well, but my guitar sounds like ass no matter what I do. Then again it's not a proper baritone and I'm just using extra thick drop tune strings. Gotta have the right tool for the job I guess...
There are baritone guitars? Can I get a soprano? :D

Great tune Rami. It's pretty syncopated, a complex arrangement. I never really got into alot of the real syncopated stuff like Rush, Yes, and Tull...If was too complex for my redneck pea brain I guess. That being said, I really like this song. I love the harmonies and tones you laid down on this one. It's a flawless performance and I don't hear anything that prompts me to make a constructive suggestion to improve it. Fantastic recording as usual Rami
Thanx Jimi. I'm not really into much Rush, or any progressive rock in general with a few exceptions. I'm not a redneck, but we share the same pea brain, I guess. :D

I never thought I'd ever do a tune that wasn't in 4/4, but this one just sort of came to me this way, so I went with it. Thanx a lot. :cool:

There are baritone guitars? Can I get a soprano? :D

Thanx Jimi. I'm not really into much Rush, or any progressive rock in general with a few exceptions. I'm not a redneck, but we share the same pea brain, I guess. :D

I never thought I'd ever do a tune that wasn't in 4/4, but this one just sort of came to me this way, so I went with it. Thanx a lot. :cool:

Just use a short scale guitar and light guitar strings and I'm sure you could go high than E lol...

Sounds great Rami - vocals and lead are nice and "present" and the drums are driving. I don't understand 7/8 but it seems to flow good to me!

You've got the drumkit on a bus, right? Dial it down. It's too forward, the snare especially. That's what I'm hearing on KRK8's in a treated room, anyway.

I like how you rhyme demon with feeling, and then karma with water.

It's an interesting tune. Musically, it satisfies me. Lyrically, it appeals to people who are struggling with their destiny. Point is, I like it, AND a ton of other people will like it as well. I dunno what you're doing distribution-wise these days, but you're coming up with quality tunes and this one's distributable.

I listened to this last night and something caught my ear, but I couldn't put my finger on it right away. So I DL'd it and listened in the car a few times and on some various setups. The only nit I have is that the snare has a bit of roominess to it that the rest of the kit doesn't. It actually sounds a little "distant" compared to the kick and overheads. The snare is plenty up front and loud enough, it's just kind of off-putting to me, like the snare itself has it's own reverb that doesn't jive with the rest of the kit. It doesn't sound like it's on the same plane as the rest of the drums. And maybe the vocals in the verses can come up just a vaj hair. Everything else is pretty awesome. Great vocals, nice guitar licks and stuff. :)

Great tune, really good lyrics. I am not at a level to comment much on the mix, but I can give an opinion. I think the lead vocal could move a little more forward and have a little more bottom.

Snare seems to be out of level with the rest of the drums. I don't have the ear like Greg, but just from a volume level, if it were notched down some to fit better with the rest of the kit.

A very fine tune.

---------- Update ----------

Great tune, really good lyrics. I am not at a level to comment much on the mix, but I can give an opinion. I think the lead vocal could move a little more forward and have a little more bottom.

Snare seems to be out of level with the rest of the drums. I don't have the ear like Greg, but just from a volume level, if it were notched down some to fit better with the rest of the kit.

A very fine tune.

You've got the drumkit on a bus, right? Dial it down. It's too forward, the snare especially. That's what I'm hearing on KRK8's in a treated room, anyway.

I like how you rhyme demon with feeling, and then karma with water.

It's an interesting tune. Musically, it satisfies me. Lyrically, it appeals to people who are struggling with their destiny. Point is, I like it, AND a ton of other people will like it as well. I dunno what you're doing distribution-wise these days, but you're coming up with quality tunes and this one's distributable.
Thanx a lot, Dobro. I'll bring the snare down a little bit, either volume wise or whatever it takes to match it with the rest of the tune better. "Distribution"? My songs go up on my website and that's about it. Eventually, I end up making a CD that goes up on CDBABY so that I ca make $8 a year. :D

I listened to this last night and something caught my ear, but I couldn't put my finger on it right away. So I DL'd it and listened in the car a few times and on some various setups. The only nit I have is that the snare has a bit of roominess to it that the rest of the kit doesn't. It actually sounds a little "distant" compared to the kick and overheads. The snare is plenty up front and loud enough, it's just kind of off-putting to me, like the snare itself has it's own reverb that doesn't jive with the rest of the kit. It doesn't sound like it's on the same plane as the rest of the drums. And maybe the vocals in the verses can come up just a vaj hair. Everything else is pretty awesome. Great vocals, nice guitar licks and stuff. :)
Thanx man. Funny, this new overhead configuration that I'm using for the first time must be picking up more snare, because I have my snare track 19db lower than my overheads. With Recorderman/GLyn, I usually had my snare only about 12 db lower than my overheads. I'll bring the snare down a bit and take a look at its' EQ-ing. I don't have a separate reverb on the snare, so hopefully it just sounds a little detached from the kit for other reasons. Didn't really want those verse vocals loud, but if it makes the choruse jump out too much, I'll bring them up a bit in the verses.

Thanx dude. :cool:

A very fine tune.
Thanx a lot, man. I'll definitely play with those levels. I've been listening to this for too long, I've lost perspective, so I have to take what you guys are saying and try to fix it.

(this is the same tune I posted a few weeks ago instrumentally, when I re-amped before having a reamp box, and all the guitar tracks were way too hot. I think the box took care of that)

For about the first 20 seconds, I can't help but hear "A modern day warrior, mean mean stride, today's tom sawyer, mean mean pridee" :D it's just those first 2 goddamn notes

that's a quality song though, and very well mixed. And I fucking love the chorus, it jumps out just the right amount

Back