The Everything "EZDrummer" and "Superior Drums" thread.

Anyone want to do a preset share for Superior? Nothing Toontrack sells commercially of course, user created only.

Specify what library(s) it takes to run it though.

This one needs the stock avatar kit and The Metal Foundry expansion. Takes up over 2gigs of ram to load.

https://db.tt/UiLkEQFu

This one needs The Metal Foundry, Music City, and NY vol 2 to run.

https://db.tt/h8xMM1rp

anybody else notice "popping" mostly on the kick drum. Every now and then the kick drum will pop like an on/off switch.

Most of the time it's fine but you notice it when listening to it alone. It appears to be the software because you erase the kick from midi
and the popping goes, undo it the pop returns. Add the kick again and the same thing happens. Anybody know why?

Watch, it will be my fault.

Failed the test.

Now I know to never ask a question here again, you guys dont know anything. Got a nice note from toontrack adressing all of these issues and others,
seems only intelligent people can communicate, so I'll let you dolts try to make sense to each other.

Victory is sweet. And stop pming people, I dont know if you think im going to let you get away with stupid comments by pming me and trying to kiss up in private, i donno. But it aint happening.

Now im off to record my latest EP.

Failed the test.

Now I know to never ask a question here again, you guys dont know anything. Got a nice note from toontrack adressing all of these issues and others,
seems only intelligent people can communicate, so I'll let you dolts try to make sense to each other.

Victory is sweet. And stop pming people, I dont know if you think im going to let you get away with stupid comments by pming me and trying to kiss up in private, i donno. But it aint happening.

Now im off to record my latest EP.

You are completely unable to listen to anyone other than yourself. Best luck buddy.

I only notice a popping noise if the stuff is still loading and a kick sounds off as it comes on.

But that's just my impatience with the load time, not an issue with superior.

The table was pretty close to the drummer, too. Do drummers use talc? I couldn't imagine they would; sticks would be slippin and stuff.

And also bringing it back on topic: Do virtual drummers use virtual talc? I don't.

The table was pretty close to the drummer, too. Do drummers use talc? I couldn't imagine they would; sticks would be slippin and stuff.

I typically don't use anything - especially not a drying product like powder. You want your hands to be normal. Not dry, not wet. Just regular is best for gripping drum sticks. On the rare occasion that my hands are too dry before a gig I'll usually ask someone's girlfriend for some lotion. Women always got some kind of lotion.

You want your hands to be normal. Not dry, not wet. Just regular is best for gripping drum sticks. On the rare occasion that my hands are too dry before a gig I'll usually ask someone's girlfriend for some lotion. Women always got some kind of lotion.

I have to agee....even for playing guitar, and I can't stand it when my hands are dry, I'm always using a bit of hand lotion to get them back to normal "tackiness". I find that I have much better grip and position control on the neck, and even with my picking hand, than when they are super dry.
I never got the talc powder thing for guitar playing....unless of course you're one of those sweat hogs who drips a puddle over the smallest physical exertion.

I doubt I will be running out to get EZD2....since I'm already mainly using Superior Drummer instead of my EZD1.
I just use the expansion packs/samples from EZD1 with SD.

They don't mention how EZD2 compares to SD.....and I'm sure it doesn't.
It sounds like they made EZD2 to be more of a complete song production tool as opposed to just a basic drum sample player/editor.

Also....EZD2 is NOT compatible with WinXP...:(....and my DAW is still running on an XP platform, so that pretty much makes it academic for me, but I will check it out when they release it to see what's new/different about it.
Glad that at least all the current EZD1 expansion packs will continue to be compatible with EZD1, and only brand new packs that they develop in the future will be EZD2-only.

I've got just about everything I wanted AFA expansion packs....maybe there's 1-2 more I may get, otherwise I already have enough sounds to cover most any drum kit flavor.
For the guys just buying in now....looks like EZD2 may be the way to go, from how much they're talking it up.

You should check Audio Deluxe....they ALWAYS beat the manufacturer's prices, even on sale items, and I bet they will also beat it with the EZD2 upgrade price.....probably for something like $75-$85 instead of the $99.

Superior is the only program I haven't tried. IMO, Steven Slate Drums sounds way more 'real' than EZD or Addictive Drums. Not much more in price. Actually, would have saved me $600 if I hadn't bought all the other crap I don't care to use anymore. EZD and AD cymbals (HH's) are harsh to me in a big way.

Just sayin... :D

Well....EZD was/is a bit limited, and what it comes with initially isn't that stellar, but there are some nice kits in some of the EZX packs.
Superior Drummer opens things up quite a bit, and the SD NY Studios packs kick ass.

I really like the samples in the SS Trigger Platinum package....and combined with what I have with the EZ & SD samples, I got nothing to complain about....there's more than enough good sounding stuff! :D

I just checked out this promo video for EZD2, and I have to say, it is totally different from EZD1, and I can see that they added a lot of new features that will truly make it "easy" for non-drummers to get good grooves and also with the sound libraries, nice sounding drums.

I have no doubt that it is worthy. I just have no experience with it myself. I typically just play the drums myself when I have time.

Once I tried SSD, the wow factor from a drummer perspective became very clear. There are 17 different HH samples on the basic SSD4 Rock kit. That is what I love about it the most.

EZD and Addictive were great writing and arrangement tools. In some genres and situations, even worthy of a full production. I have used both and gotten really good results. When a program can actually fool me into believing it is a real drummer, then that is worthy. Keep in mind, I didn't fool myself. I programmed them. lol!

Superior is the only program I haven't tried. IMO, Steven Slate Drums sounds way more 'real' than EZD or Addictive Drums. Not much more in price. Actually, would have saved me $600 if I hadn't bought all the other crap I don't care to use anymore. EZD and AD cymbals (HH's) are harsh to me in a big way.

Just sayin... :D

I thought some of the SSD samples were fantastic. Especially that Triple Snare sample. Just a great THRACK sound to it!!. But I found SSD to cumbersome for me to load and get a track going. I guess I am spoiled with EZD for just loading it and go. And I got my SSD Platinum app for free... given to me by SS himself. :) (yeah, I'm name-dropping :o )

Back