Les Paul Refinish

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you just joining in, here's how a sane person keeps his guitar clean and playing well:

1) Wash your fucking hands before you play
2) Play your ass off
3) Wipe your guitar off with a clean dry cloth afterwards.

Bam, no idiotic powder, no problem.

I use this:

201427-1000x1000.jpg

It does seem to prolong string life, but I could be wrong. Does it?

If nothing else, the strings feels really slick after a wipe with it.

I use this:

View attachment 85593

If you like it, use it.

I personally don't use anything. I just keep my hands clean, change my strings somewhat regularly, and don't let skin and grime build up on the neck. I'm not some speed shred wanker, but I have no problem playing my guitars with just basic, normal personal hygiene and guitar maintenance. I've never in my life thought to myself "man these strings and fretboard are so damn slow and sticky!"

I use this:

View attachment 85593

I have tried that years ago, I think I have tried every commercially available product. They all seem to change the sound of the strings, they seem to dull them in my opinion and experience. That is why I have been using nothing but body powder and a clean cotton cloth for many years now. Even with my powder application strings still need to be changed frequently. Even if you never touch a set of strings they will lose their ability to properly produce correct pitch intervals. They also seem to get tighter and harder to play in my opinion and experience. The metal in the strings seems to change its tensile properties at a molecular level.

I sort of semi agree with arfur on this one... I have a thing of fast fret somewhere but I never use it. Clean hands, wipe down afterwards etc. is all I do... and especially when recording acoustic guitar in particular, the clean, dry hands thing - every 10 minutes or couple of takes, cuts down the squeakies dramatically...

Alas I have no talcum Malcom, to sprinkle on my digits...

I have tried that years ago, I think I have tried every commercially available product. They all seem to change the sound of the strings, they seem to dull them in my opinion and experience. That is why I have been using nothing but body powder and a clean cotton cloth for many years now. Even with my powder application strings still need to be changed frequently. Even if you never touch a set of strings they will lose their ability to properly produce correct pitch intervals. They also seem to get tighter and harder to play in my opinion and experience. The metal in the strings seems to change its tensile properties at a molecular level.

Welcome back Peter Leveillee of Victory Guitars Victory Highway West Greenwich, Rhode Island 02817

You are a fucking clueless idiot. I pity anyone whom you tell these blatant lies and impossible nonsense to.. You have a responsibility to be accurate when you make statements about material properties and musical acoustics and you do not make even the smallest attempt to do so. You can't even be bothered to do the simplest research but choose instead to post what you "think" might happen. That is invariably wrong and in some cases down right laughable.

You are a hack a liar and a fraud.

Pete Leveillee, how do you explain using a troll alias account at a site that prohibits such behavior after you've already been banned repeatedly?

I sort of semi agree with arfur on this one... I have a thing of fast fret somewhere but I never use it. Clean hands, wipe down afterwards etc. is all I do... and especially when recording acoustic guitar in particular, the clean, dry hands thing - every 10 minutes or couple of takes, cuts down the squeakies dramatically...

Alas I have no talcum Malcom, to sprinkle on my digits...

You dont agree with Peter Leveillee of Victory Guitars Victory Highway West Greenwich, Rhode Island 02817. He advocates using corn starch on your guitar and hands as it magically soaks up dirt and then vanishes into thin air. At least he did yesterday. Today he is back on to Baby powder.

You actually agree with gerg and myself along with other knowledgeable players

Pete Leveillee, how do you explain using a troll alias account at a site that prohibits such behavior after you've already been banned repeatedly?

Is that the Pete Leveillee of Victory Guitars Victory Highway West Greenwich, Rhode Island 02817? Is he the clueless troll you are talking about?

Ironically, you seem to fit the definition of a Troll. Really, it is quite obvious with your belligerent intentions.

Welcome back Peter Leveillee of Victory Guitars Victory Highway West Greenwich, Rhode Island 02817

You are a fucking clueless idiot. I pity anyone whom you tell these blatant lies and impossible nonsense to.. You have a responsibility to be accurate when you make statements about material properties and musical acoustics and you do not make even the smallest attempt to do so. You can't even be bothered to do the simplest research but choose instead to post what you "think" might happen. That is invariably wrong and in some cases down right laughable.

You are a hack a liar and a fraud.

Thanks again for proving my point about your belligerent, slandering and libel postings. You fit the definition of a Troll also. You are in no position to challenge my opinions and experiences. Internet Forums are meant for people to share their experiences, opinions and beliefs without ruthless troublemakers hunting them down in some kind of pathetic personal vendetta.

The metal in the strings seems to change its tensile properties at a molecular level.

Prove this, specifically, with scientific fact.

Also:

Is that the Pete Leveillee of Victory Guitars Victory Highway West Greenwich, Rhode Island 02817? Is he the clueless troll you are talking about?

Yes.

I'm curious,

By the way, your apparent "Google Sabotage" is already working, in my favor, I have already had a contact from someone. He could see right through your obvious ploy. Thanks for the exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back