I Wanna Be Your Dog - Greggy Poop does a Stooges cover

also i think one should somehow respect the people who contributed something new (and they did) wether you like the music or not. unless it's bruce springsteen of course
my musical taste is all over the place anyway, i like most of the old stuff (but don't like too much of todays music, the main revolutionary music of today is electronic music somehow, and i'm not much into electronic music)
i like the ramones next to the supremes (baby love! :D), far out "classical"/experimental stuff like schönberg, penderecki, stockhausen... weird jazz like sun ra

well that's just an opinion/a matter of taste
i also don't think the beatles were the most important pop/rock group in the world but they were in some way important
never heard a pop band doing stuff like strawberry fields forever with all that layering collage-like stuff going on with just two 4-track recorders. they did tape drumloops too in tomorrow never knows
found that very cool from an engineering point of view.

why so angry :D

Why not? My whole life people have tried to hammer that shit into my head. I still resist to this day and I will never stop. The beatles and hendrix are shit. You defending them just makes you one of the sycophants. Strawberry Fields? Lol. Okay. Get the fuck out my Stooges thread. :laughings:

i'm defending nobody, just saying my opinion
the ramones where beatles fans btw
for real
even the name the ramones stems from the beatles somehow:
"The Ramones actually got there name 'The Ramones' because Paul McCartney briefly called himself Paul Ramone before the Beatles got big."

No shit. Duh. That's like page one from the "How can Greg not like the beatles" handbook. Do you know how many times people have tried that shit on me? The Ramones liked them too! Woopdy fucking shit. That means I have to like them? The Ramones sniffed glue as well. Should I run out and do that too? Johnny Ramone says his favorite guitar player is Jeff Beck. I better like Jeff Beck too, right? Joey Ramone was a Jew. I better fucking convert right now! Please. :facepalm:

I'm my own man. I like what I like and don't like what I don't and nothing will change that.

you don't have to like them of course, never said that
but i think it's a difference if you say you hate something or you say "they ARE shit! and everybody who likes them is shit too!"
but maybe that's your kind of humour, i don't know
but everybody really should love axel rudi pell and his extraordinary halleluljah cover.

I don't think everyone that likes them are shit. I do play up my aggressiveness simply to try to counterbalance all the false idolatry that gets thrown the beatles way. I know there are real fans out there, not just t-shirt fans, though most "fans" are t-shirt fans. Many of my favorite people in life like the beatles. I don't hold it against them. I just wonder wtf is wrong with them. I actually don't know anyone that really likes hendrix. Only guitar players like that crap.

ok, i understand now
with hendrix, i like his songwriting and rhythm playing way more than his soloing/wanking
but there are really lots of weird people out there who have their GUITAR GODS and idolize them
i think we can agree on that those people are shit. and bruce springsteen. and the beatles and hendrix never really existed in this paralleluniverse

I'm about this forum, this music. If Hendrix and JPGR don't inspire you to switch up your music, that's okay. If Iggy and J Strummer inspire me to change up my music, I win. That's okay too. I'm okay with winning. It makes no fucking difference in the end. You just make the music you like to make, and we get to listen to each other. But I love doing something I've never done before. I love going places I've never gone before. I learned that from JPGR. Or maybe I was born that way.

What's really funny is that I love the Beatles and Hendrix and hate the Ramones. :D

Does that mean I'll try to convince Greg of his "distorted" view?

No.

I think Greg is one of the most respectable members here, and if I knew him in real life, I believe I would think the same. It's always futile to debate a side in which the other believes so firmly. That is why I don't understand the cave...

i didn't try to convince him the beatles and hendrix are cool
just said they were important for music in general somehow :thumbs up:
you can't really debate over personal taste, for sure
and i don't really care if someone is respectable or not, it isn't personal anyway
i just read a sentence and maybe i'll have to say something about it when i feel like it. i like discussions. but english isn't my first language

Last edited:
That is why I don't understand the cave...

HAHA! The Cave. Does that shit hole still exist? I have to admit I used to pretty much live there, so I was an idiot too. But, let me guess.....People are arguing over the present administration and every 4 years, it's the same arguments with people just switching sides. What was ok for one administration is a major sin when the other administration does the exact same thing. Stupidity 101.

Just guessing, I literally haven't even stepped in the shit hole in about 4 years.

Back