Beef is awesome food. Let's chat. :)

My favorite thing to eat with steak. Bacon wrapped jalapeños, stuffed with cream cheese with sautéed garlic. Yum!

Never seen that combination before....looks good, will have to try.

So do you first cook the bacon and wrap around fresh jalepenos...or do you put raw bacon on the stuffed peppers and then cook everything?

Yeah....streak all the way. T-bone or NY Strip are my favorites....
....but I also can't say no to a nice Angus beef burger with fried Bermuda onions ansautéedsmushroomsushroms, topped witcheddarchedder. :)

I wondered how I ended up in a beef discussion thread.

Those jalapenos wrappers look awesome. definitely gotta get up to Denver for some dinner.

I just changed that to fit the topic jack, like 9 minutes ago. The thread moved itself to meat. I just made the title appropriate, so it doesn't get lost...

Yes, you do need to come over for some bbq someday Chili!

Never seen that combination before....looks good, will have to try.

So do you first cook the bacon and wrap around fresh jalepenos...or do you put raw bacon on the stuffed peppers and then cook everything?

Naw, you fist have to soak the skewers in water for a hour or so. Slice the jalepenos 1/2" from the stem to end. Gut the veins and seeds with a butter knife. Then high heat a pan with olive oil and minced garlic. Saute until the garlic gets all sticky glazed. Add that to cream cheese.

Dry the inside of the jalepenos and stuff them fully with cream cheese/garlic stuff. Wrap them with thick cut bacon (raw). Use the wet skewers to hold the two ends of the bacon. Cook on 400-500f grill, turning 4 times. Thin bacon will burn before jalapenos start to get tender.

I just made 60 of these for a bbq a couple weeks ago. 4 hours of prep. Worth it though....

My first submission to the new 'EAT THIS' forum. lol

I was at the Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport in the Philippines once and ordered a hamburger.

Not sure what kind of animal that meat came from but I only had one bite of it. Was to stingy to be beef.

Brings up another topic....

What do you put on a steak???

I might use butter and seasoned salt. Maybe a Southwest type steak rub if the wife buys a poor steak (she doesn't understand). Most times nothing at all.

Right! Steak must be eaten naked just served smothered it the mushrooms and onions that it was cooked with.

Brings up another topic....

What do you put on a steak???

I might use butter and seasoned salt. Maybe a Southwest type steak rub if the wife buys a poor steak (she doesn't understand). Most times nothing at all.

I'll bite..

I usually use Adolph's meat tenderizer and soy sauce. Always seems to cure an average steak. Does wonders to a tenderloin or T-bone. Ribeyes that I have had around here, seem a bit gristly. I think Greg eats all the good ones before they import to Denver. ...

Two for the road

Meat - just concentrated veggie

on the other hand..

'Beef" It's what you'll be digesting for the next three days

Yeah T-bone. Although I swear there used to be a lot more filet on that cut than you see now.
In the pan even -covered. Black pepper and some salt. Finish with soy or teriyaki -maybe.

Back