Favorite Mics?

Hmmm, given the choice of a country singer or a box of mics, please may I have the mics!

Well, I tried to help, Kimber, but these guys seem to have a Hoohah fixation. Truth is, I'd take the mics, too. It's better than getting shot by the cowboy husband.

I've been testing the Shure KSM137 and Beta 181, both SDC's and these are pretty nice mics. The KSM137 (a pair) surpriced me on grand piano and on upright bass. I like them more than my very old C451/CK1's. The Beta 181 is a nice mic as well, with replacable heads from fig 8 to omni.

I've been testing the Shure KSM137 and Beta 181, both SDC's and these are pretty nice mics. The KSM137 (a pair) surpriced me on grand piano and on upright bass. I like them more than my very old C451/CK1's. The Beta 181 is a nice mic as well, with replacable heads from fig 8 to omni.

+1111111111111 on the 137 second only to the 141 or the Fully modified Oktava MK-012 by Michael Joly at Oktavamod. L@@K HERE.

My vocal (and - hell, everything else) microphone is an Audio-Technica AT2020.
I don't foresee myself EVER using a different mic, even if I had the means to splurge.
What are its most important features? It sounds great! (to me.)
I don't care what the flippin' package says.
(I'm sorry I didn't write that in the 1.,2. format.)

AT4033 - Great all around condensor mic - not exactly a LDC but not a SDC. Fixed pattern with bass roll-off and pad. I've used this for vocals, acoustic and micing a small Ampeg guitar amp with great results. Around $400 new, $200 or less used. The AT4050 is a great step up from this mic.

I'm purchasing the 4050 in the coming weeks, really can't wait to work with it!:D

Back