withdrawal symptoms

Go down to radio shack and buy the cheapest mic they have, then try to sell it on craigslist for 2x's what you paid for it. It's new, still in the box..... That should cure you.

Also jones-ing for a new mic, but know that I really don't have the funds for one. Well I do, but really can't until more stable employment can be had. As I continue to widdle away at PVC components to come up with a cheap and more practical tripod / mic stand all in one. That can be partially parted out to convert to a steady cam and other modular funky-ness. I guess it helps keep my mind off the jones-ing part. And it's lighter (and cooler in the sun) than the traditional metal routes. Not really cheaper if you tally up all the parts, but if something breaks, I don't have to buy a complete new one, just swap out the broken part. Available at most hardware stores.

If you must, the KSM-44a has my attention for now. With a newer KSM42 cousin. Not that I care much for the color or style, but the specs seem quite drool-able.

Have plenty of mics, want more pres and MoogerFoogers. :(

And one of those big-ass Ultimate mic stands on rollerblade wheels.

Ooooooh and an 88-key Motif and an Oberheim Son-Of-4-Voice!

Go down to radio shack and buy the cheapest mic they have, then try to sell it on craigslist for 2x's what you paid for it. It's new, still in the box..... That should cure you.

Also jones-ing for a new mic, but know that I really don't have the funds for one. Well I do, but really can't until more stable employment can be had. As I continue to widdle away at PVC components to come up with a cheap and more practical tripod / mic stand all in one. That can be partially parted out to convert to a steady cam and other modular funky-ness. I guess it helps keep my mind off the jones-ing part. And it's lighter (and cooler in the sun) than the traditional metal routes. Not really cheaper if you tally up all the parts, but if something breaks, I don't have to buy a complete new one, just swap out the broken part. Available at most hardware stores.

If you must, the KSM-44a has my attention for now. With a newer KSM42 cousin. Not that I care much for the color or style, but the specs seem quite drool-able.

The KSM-44a would be nice it's the only one in that series that I don't have.

Have plenty of mics, want more pres and MoogerFoogers. :(

And one of those big-ass Ultimate mic stands on rollerblade wheels.

Ooooooh and an 88-key Motif and an Oberheim Son-Of-4-Voice!

Got tons of pres, 4 big ass rolling stands, 88 key. Just ...... want ..... more ..... microphones.

We're sending the crew from Intervention over. Don't refuse treatment or we're gonna put you out in the street.

Haven't purchased a microphone in nearly a month! What should I get to stop this pain? :cool:

Buy a microphone!

Still ..... weak ..... must ........ have ....... microphone.

Buy a microphone!

Got tons of pres, 4 big ass rolling stands, 88 key. Just ...... want ..... more ..... microphones.

Buy a microphone!

:laughings::laughings::laughings: I'm just an avid collector. I can stop anytime I want. :D

Buy a microphone!

Wait, Wait ..... just one more microphone!

Buy a microphone!

I hate to see a man in pain. Come with me to the land of EEEEbay, and will shall cure you for another day.

Can I just see a pic of your mic collection? I mean, jeebus man.

I envision a never-ending walk-in closet that sings a song that sounds like angels every time you open the door and a little cherub takes your hand and walks you along pointing out which mic you should use... The closet is guarded by three-headed Tirlygirs (part tiger, part lion & part giraffe) that eat anyone that try to pass and should the unworthy somehow make it into this mystical closet of awesomeness, the microphones themselves form together like Voltron and pulverize the violator while recording the tune in super high fidelity.

I think I should go to sleep now.

Back