Guitar Center Sale!

El Barto

This weekend, a local Guitar Center is having a sale on certain stuff...one item happens to be all their used guitar rack processors. They have a lot of different stuff...two things I had my eye on were Rocktron compressors (which would go for about $50 maybe) and a Digitech 2102 effects processor...there was also an ASP effects processor. Do you think any of this stuff would be good for recording? Or should I just save up and get new equipment? Would they degrade the sound?

I'm a regular down at Guitar Satan and I'd totally disregard the adjectives used to describe the gargantuan nature of this "sale" because they do that every week. Do your homework and make sure that what they've got "on sale" is what you really want and that it's at the price you want.

It was a local thing, and yes, I know of Guitar Center's "sales"...I actually picked up some nice equipment. I got a Digitech IPS-33 pitch shifter for $30...I don't know if it's functioning correctly, cause when playing guitar, it changes pitch over and over, instead of switching between 2 pitches...maybe I'm doing it wrong (came with no manual...no footswitch...nothing...it's fun playing with it for vocals, going down deep to sound like Satan or something) and a Digitech GSP 21 for $100. I hear these go for $600 new (they're not made anymore though apparently). It was just the processor, no effects pedal or anything (and no manual...confusing!). It was in really good condition though...I think the person returned it cause it wouldn't work. The fuse was actually blown, and it cost $2 for a 4 pack of those fuses at Radio Shack. I think I'll have fun with this stuff.

i hope you get this.

i read that you own a digitech 21 legend. ok so i seem to have misplaced my fuse lock and the fuse. i can replace the fuse but i need the clip to lock it in place. i was wondering if you knew of anything i could use to jerry-rig it or somewhere i could purchase it... my number is 503-550-5020 and my email is joshuajackson18@gmail.com.
thanks!
-Josh

Guitar Satan will soon own us all.
Not with those deals, 120% off of the suggested retail price still always seems to come in just a couple bucks over their every day price... I show up there once a year to pick through the cables and abandoned repairs on the list sale weekend, and even that sucks the last couple of years...

This is the nightmare of telling every newb to use the search thingy...some actually read the threads and then post in them...lol.

This can be the beginning of a new joke......A newb A sound guy And a lighting director walk in to this thread and..................

Just in case this isn't a spammer, buy a replacement fuse holder at Radio Shack. I'm assuming this is one of those twist-lock caps? Those types of fuse holders are generally easily removed and easily replaced. That having been said, I'm about to trot out an old classic.

The Spam Early Warning Enhanced Reporting system has detected a new account with the following suspicious characteristics:

• username contains a number at the end. (Spam weight: +25)
  • posted an almost completely unrelated question in response to a post dated more than two years ago (9 years). (Spam weight: +5)
  • posted an almost completely unrelated question in response to an ancient post within 24 hours of creating the account. (Spam weight: +20)
  • failed to post any other messages in the period of a typical browsing session (four hours). (Spam weight: +1,000)
  • posted a semi-anonymous gmail address on a public website. (Spam weight: +10,000)
  • posted a Portland cell phone number on a public website. (Spam weight: +120,000)

Based on our advanced threat modeling, it is estimated that there is a greater than 99.9865% chance that the account joshuajackson21 will begin posting spam in a few days.

If the user joshuajackson21 does not respond to this comment within 48 hours, it will be considered admission of intent to spam and the moderators will be notified.

Sincerely,
The SEWER Team

:D

Back