Waves Auto Tune

rglick1

Looking for tips for this plugin. Have some questions, so if anyone reads this post just leave a comment and I'll post my questions.

Are you talking about Waves Tune, which is normally used post recording...or are you talking about their newer Waves Tune Real Time, which is probably more for live use...?

I have Waves Tune, and have used it a few times in the past.
Best advice I can give you is always copy your original track, then drop Waves Tune on the copy and let it run through the track and make it's pitch correction based on how you configured it (you can use the default settings to start, just set the correct key).
Once you have the two tracks, original and pitch-corrected...go word by word or phrase by phrase and compare which sounds better to you, the original or the pitch-corrected. The pitch corrected will NOT always sound better.
When you select one or the other...cut up the tracks and remove either from the original or the pitch-corrected the sections you don't want.
It actually might be smart to have another safety copy of the original track.

So when you are done with the whole track...you have words/phrases that you kept..some on the original track, some on the pitch corrected. Then you just merge them in whatever way your DAW does that, and you have comp track containing pieces of each.
Oh...as you remove unwanted sections from the pitch-corrected audio track...in the Tune window, also delete/erase the same pieces as you go along. If you don't remove those sections, you might confuse Tune, since the parts are no longer there on the audio track.

I'm sure that sounds all confusing to you...but as soon as you start working with it, it will make sense.

I never, ever just run Tune on the whole track, and then attempt to edit out what I don't want corrected withing Tune.
That's a real PITA...it's much easier to have the two tracks and remove the chunks of audio rather than trying to "turn off" Tune where you don't want it on a whole track.

Are you talking about Waves Tune, which is normally used post recording...or are you talking about their newer Waves Tune Real Time, which is probably more for live use...?

Best advice I can give you is always copy your original track, then drop Waves Tune on the copy and let it run through the track and make it's pitch correction based on how you configured it (you can use the default settings to start, just set the correct key).
Once you have the two tracks, original and pitch-corrected...go word by word or phrase by phrase and compare which sounds better to you, the original or the pitch-corrected. The pitch corrected will NOT always sound better.
When you select one or the other...cut up the tracks and remove either from the original or the pitch-corrected the sections you don't want.

So when you are done with the whole track...you have words/phrases that you kept..some on the original track, some on the pitch corrected. Then you just merge them in whatever way your DAW does that, and you have comp track containing pieces of each.
Oh...as you remove unwanted sections from the pitch-corrected audio track...in the Tune window, also delete/erase the same pieces as you go along. If you don't remove those sections, you might confuse Tune, since the parts are no longer there on the audio track.

I'm sure that sounds all confusing to you...but as soon as you start working with it, it will make sense.

I never, ever just run Tune on the whole track, and then attempt to edit out what I don't want corrected withing Tune.
That's a real PITA...it's much easier to have the two tracks and remove the chunks of audio rather than trying to "turn off" Tune where you don't want it on a whole track.

Pretty good advice there.

Grateful for this post. ?

Back