Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vocal isolation shield

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by songsj View Post
    Automating between lines is probably a good idea, I think the pro's do that. Just need to be sure I don't chop off reverb tails. Also a good idea to do that on all tracks. Mute, remove or bring the volume all the way down on any section of any track when it is not playing.
    I edit the raw track and reverb is applied during the mix. If you've recorded with reverb on then yes you have to be a little careful with the reverb tails.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andrushkiwt View Post
    That's funny. I do the same, kinda, but I use comforters instead. And I make it 4 sided. Yes, I have to pull one side back to get out of the cave and touch the mouse/cpu, but it works well. And I put this behind the mic for added reflection:

CAD VocalShield VS1 Foldable Stand-Mounted Acoustic Shield | Musician's Friend
    That's my solution also. I have a suspended ceiling in the basement (er, I mean studio) and you can buy these plastic clips that attach to the metal ceiling rails to ostensibly let you hang plants or something. I put metal eyelets in several old fuzzy comforters and hang them from the clips by S hooks to make a 4-sided booth.

I have a deadening scoop around the back of the mic also. I made mine by buying a 6" deep wire tray/basket in the closet/shelving department and covering it inside and out with a felt material sold as weatherproof insulation. The basket has a 1" grid and if I needed a bigger access way I could easily cut the wire with bolt cutters. Total cost under $20 plus the comforters which I already had, plus a 6" horizontal extended mic stand bracket I already had that keeps the deadening scoop from sliding down the mic stand.
    - - - - -
    Brevity is the height of clarity
    Levity is the dearth of gravity

Thread Information