Song Submission Site Needs Help!!

Chepney

This post may be perceived as spam, I'm not sure. If so, I apologize and offer the defense (excuse) that my intentions are good, or at least benign.

Anyway, if you go to http://www.zoetrope.com and do the sign up thingy (free) and go to the "Music and Sound Building", you'll find a songwriting submission site which is damn near a ghost town at the moment.

Zoetrope is (for those who don't know) Francis Ford Coppola's company. The dot com is his "Virtual Studio", a web presence devoted mostly to screenwriting and other such movie-related stuff. But there are also submission pages for short stories, novellas, and more importantly (to my taste anyway,) songs.

Here's how it works: You go to the "Listen" page, where there's a list of song submissions from the last 20 or 30 days or whatever (right now there's only 6 songs up I think). You have to review 5 songs for each one you submit. The review page is fairly pain-free. You fill out a scale-of-one-to-ten chart judging elements like melody, lyrics, production, and so on. You also have to do a minimum 20 word critique of the song, which is really pretty easy. Do five of those and you can upload an mp3 of your own for review by the other members. They also accept wav files. I don't know why.

There's a message board there as well, which was completely empty last time I checked. I think the reason it's so desolate is just that most net-present songwriters don't know about it. The short story and screenwriting parts of the site are overflowing.

So the point I'm trying to make is that I think this web site is a really cool sort of songwriting workshop environment type thing. And that it has a lot of potential. And that you should check it out. Try to kick some life into it.

The url once again is . . .
http://www.zoetrope.com

BTW- I'm not affiliated with Zoetrope in any way, other than having a login at the site.

[Edited by Chepney on 09-12-2000 at 02:33]

Back