So much in common. - Critisism Welcome. ;)

JerryD

I wrote this in about 10 minutes....it's simple but entertaining.

So Much in Common by Me. :) MP3 at bottom

You like Shakespeare
and I like guns
Let's get together and have some fun.
Hey Hey Yeahhhh.

You like Mozart
and I like beer
Let's catch the next train out of here.
Hey Hey yeahhhh.

We got so much in common Let's don't waste it here.

You like watching Dr. Phil
I like Spongbob and Deal or No Deal
Hey Hey Yeahhhh.

You like coke and I like rum
let's get together and mix us up some
Hey Hey Yeahhh.

We got so much in common let's don't waste it here.
Yeah...

We got so much in common let's don't waste it here.

I reocorded this yesterday.
So Much in Common Link

OKAY!! Let me have it! I can take it!

Last edited:
I like this song

enough to steal it! (But I won't of course. :D :D :D )

Seriously, It read a bit rough for me because I didn't have the meter correct. When I listened to the MP3 it made perfect sense rhythmically. I especially enjoy the double entente in the last verse. I would add a bridge providing even more contrast between the two of you. It would also make the song a bit longer which, in this case, I think would be good. Great effort. ;)

Wow. Thanks.

Thanks a lot.

I really only write songs to amuse myself and others, but feel free to download this and put it on your Ipod if you like. :) I don't have an album :( because I just started writing recently. I have 5 or 6 songs but they are all in different generes and wouldn't go on the same album well.

Good one Jerry - your description is right on - simple but entertaining..... :)
The contrast between the subjects is a good idea and you've worked it up well... Good recording too!

Cool tune. The only thing that seemed a bit of a hiccup was the deal or no deal line. It seemed a bit rushed. I think the 2nd "deal" was on a 3 beat(maybe). I'd put it on the following & beat, kinda stretching out the "no" Deal or Nooo Deal. Subtle tweak, I know, but the way it is now, it just seems a bit hurried compared to the rest of the song.

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not so sure watching Dr. Phil is exactly the epitome of sophistication, if that's what your going for. But it ryhmes, sort of, and does provide good contrast to spongebob and deal or no deal, so nevermind.

andyhix said:
Cool tune. The only thing that seemed a bit of a hiccup was the deal or no deal line. It seemed a bit rushed. I think the 2nd "deal" was on a 3 beat(maybe). I'd put it on the following & beat, kinda stretching out the "no" Deal or Nooo Deal. Subtle tweak, I know, but the way it is now, it just seems a bit hurried compared to the rest of the song.

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not so sure watching Dr. Phil is exactly the epitome of sophistication, if that's what your going for. But it ryhmes, sort of, and does provide good contrast to spongebob and deal or no deal, so nevermind.

It was Benny Hill instead of Deal or No deal. My wife is a lot younger and had no clue who Benny Hill was so....yeah your right. It doesn't go. Also right about the Dr Phil thing. I'll try to fix it. :( somehow.

I like Benny Hill better, for what it's worth. It says a certain something about you (the narrator of the story) that Deal or No Deal doesn't. And besides, the fact that your wife didn't get it, only goes to further the whole point of the song!

Back