Shure sm7b +ISA one. Vocal recording problem

Madar Kesh

Hi. My set up is sm7b-ISAone-saffire pro 14 and My mic is in a foam isolated area. I just got the preamp and interface 3 days ago. Before that I used to run the shure with an m audio Fast track pro. Even now with the new set up the recording quality is still not that good. I would even say it's not too much better than before. The vocals don't sound full and clear. I tried all kind of settings on the preamp. What am I possibly doing wrong? At this point I'm kinda desperate and would really appreciate any help. Btw I record vocals only.mostly screamed rap vocals.

Can you post a sample of the sound you are getting? What's a 'isolated area'? What's the rest of your signal chain? Is it the vocals don't sound good on their own or in the mix? The more you tell the easier it is to narrow down your problem.

This interests me. Just got the SM7B to use with the ISA One.
Post whatever you find on this, please.

Are you compressing your vocal tracks? That's a big thing you may want to make sure you are doing. Also, the SM7b starts to really sound good when you give it a high shelf - maybe a 5 - 6db boost from 5k up

Back