Karaoke for baritones

SexAnDrugS

Hey guys,

I'm a baritone (a light one, probably a lyric baritone) and most of the singers I listen to are tenors. I try to sing their songs and although I hit the notes, they don't sound that good.

Some of my friends are having a karaoke in a couple of days and I've just realized that there are no songs that I listen to, that I can perform well enough.

I am quite disappointed, since I've been singing for years (and I am expected to do well). I usually just sing the songs in a lower register (a tone or two down usually).
I've only sang about 2-3 times in public, but have always mentioned that I sing. Now I may just end up looking stupid..

My range, without a good warm up, is G#2-G4 (G4 is pitchy). When I do warm-ups with my vocal coach, I can go slightly higher, without hitting falsetto.

Anyways, how do you guys deal with karaoke? I mostly like rock and metal and I just can't come up with songs I can perform well.

* I sort of found one - Metallica The Unforgiven. But for some reason I sound a little odd when singing it.. Should I attach a recording?

Back