Issue with Voice Recording

michaellanfield

I have the Zoom H6, and whenever I record my voice on different days, in the same room (not soundproof), my voice sounds different. The setup/settings on the mic are the same, and I sit the same distance away from the mic, but my voice sounds different. Is this the fault of the microphone or settings on the mic or with the room not being soundproof? I am confused. Thank you.

I would have to say if everything else is being held constant, it is just natural differences in how your voice sounds from day to day. How do you mean your voice sounds different? What sounds different about it from one day to the next? Is the microphone being moved at all from one recording to the next? The sound mics capture can change drastically depending if you are standing off-axis too.

You might be singing just a little better on Friday then the following Tuesday, perhaps.

YOU, really are a slightly different person from one day to the next so you will NOT sing the same way, your equipment won't lie. If you must do things like that, try getting the verses done one day, and the chorus's done another day. Your chorus's will no doubt be doubled and or have backgrounds to accompany your original track.

Last edited:
Thank you, everyone. I guess it is that maybe because I am not in a soundproof room and my voice does sound different on other days. But how do narrators keep their voice somewhat consistent if they record on various days?

Back