influential lyrics

random.hero

what song by what band has had lyrics that have inspired you, confused, influenced, boggled, or excited you?

post lyrics cuz im up for a good discussion

Simon and Garfunkle I seem to be always going back to them.

Listen to "a Poem of the underground" and you'll see what I mean. Or not it's all about opinion

'New Millenium Cyanide Christ' by Meshuggah. I've never heard such an unconventional-to-the-point-of-insanity style of lyrics... Very conceptual and exaggerated. Me likey.

My Favorite Lyrics are from Barney!

I love you You love me
we're a happy family
with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you.
won't you say you love me too

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

lol, yeah, barney always found a way straight to my heart. not really, i thought it was creepy how his mouth would never really move when he talked or sang...

anyways, "Hey" by RHCP, on stadium arcadium is great...
Come along and show me something
That I never knew in your eyes.
Take away the tournicate.

I used to be so full of my confidence,
I used to know just what I wanted and just where to go.
More than ever I could use a coincidence,
But now I walk alone and talk about it when I know.

i guess cohen and dylan will always be the masters of verse for me. but at the moment i am drawing my lyrical inspiration from poetry, and from a guy called rainer maria rilke. below is one of his poems entitled "sometimes a man stands up during supper". i cant put my finger on why it is so good, but i guess that is why it holds so much beauty.

Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
And his children say blessings on him as if he were dead.

And another man, who remains inside his own house,
dies there, inside the dishes and in the glasses,
so that his children have to go far out into the world
toward that same church, which he forgot.

by rainer maria rilke

cliff richard said:
i guess cohen and dylan will always be the masters of verse for me. but at the moment i am drawing my lyrical inspiration from poetry, and from a guy called rainer maria rilke. below is one of his poems entitled "sometimes a man stands up during supper". i cant put my finger on why it is so good, but i guess that is why it holds so much beauty.

Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
And his children say blessings on him as if he were dead.

And another man, who remains inside his own house,
dies there, inside the dishes and in the glasses,
so that his children have to go far out into the world
toward that same church, which he forgot.

by rainer maria rilke

You know, "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica is one of the most uniquely worded "love" songs, because it doesn't even really sound like a love song.

Inspiration is a broad term. Do you mean songs that inspire you to write, do something, feel good, or what?

mmmkay

random.hero said:
what song by what band has had lyrics that have inspired you, confused, influenced, boggled, or excited you?

post lyrics cuz im up for a good discussion

i thought it was pretty straight forward, but i guess u can interpret it however u feel

Back