I need help with lyrics!!!!!!!!

sosob

HELP MEEEE!..I know there are alot of genius lyricists in this forum that have got nuffin better to do than help me out with some errr words n' stuff.

ok..
I'm stuck writing a song entitled Purple-Silver Months.
I can't fink of anything that rhymes with:
  • Silver
  • Months
  • Purple
Any suggestions would be considered, thanks! :(

Hows about gett'in yourself a rhyming dictionary.Helps me out when I'm at a loss for rhymes. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
All right smart guy, I got nothing but time today.

Here's one:

Burple - A powdered drink mix in an accordian style bottle. You stretched out the bottle before adding water. The noise of expanding the bottle and the chugging noise it made when poured sounded like a burp. It was probably out around 1987-1988.

Or how about these lyrics from the old Glenn Miller tune "Dang Me":

"Well Roses are Red
And Violets are Purple
Sugar is Sweet
And So is Maple Surple"

A very clever play on words I must say. Since this song I have seen the word "surple" in common usage in several places.

BTW, what about "nurple"? "Purple nurple" may be a regional thing but the term is pretty common around here.

The point being, a clever songwriter can rhyme anything. If no perfect rhymes exist, a good songwriter can find a false, slant, or conglomerate rhyme. If none of those exist, you can look for a dialectic or phonetic rhyme.

Furthermore, a decent songwriter already knows all about syrup, orange, months, and silver. They're old news. Therefore, a decent songwriter wouldn't stick them at the end of a line unless he had something really clever up his sleeve. However, they could work in the middle of a line as part of a conglomerate rhyme.

Hmmm... let's see.... How about something like:

You broke my heart 6 months ago now
I'll feel better once I go down
To the land were I was born
Just smell the clover and the oranges
Feel the silver moonlight glow
I'll swill vermouth until I know
It's over.

That's off the top of my head... just wait until I get warmed up!! :D

A

Oh.. and BTW... "months" is easy to rhyme becuase it is never pronounced as it is spelled.

Once
Dunce
punts
shunts
blunts
fronts
ambulance

etc...

All perfect phonetic rhymes.

A

uh dud you dont have to make a 1 to 1 word rhyme.

just use 2 words when put together rhyme the other word\

purple
shure cool
your fool
for school
more pool

silver
willbur
kill her
steal fur
will purr

Use your imagination.