Here's an alt-rock song that I'm currently writing. Are the vocals off-key?

You don't have an opinion on that? I'm getting ready to transpose the key down to a more singable one for myself. But one dude just said that it sounded like random noise coming out of my mouth. I don't hear what he meant.

He won't answer me. He's ignored my question for three days and he keeps just trolling and aggressively saying that I can't sing and that absolute random crap is coming out of my mouth---as if I've never learned ANY elements of vocal music or what singing is or something. Don't know why he has to go overboard and tell me issues that AREN'T really there when he could be specific about the ones that are there so I can know what the hell he's talking about.

I did hear some timing issues there myself. Some vocal lines were delivered late IMO. That is something that would possibly fall under personal creativity though so it is up to you to decide if that is an issue.

You don't have an opinion on that?
If that was directed at me, no, I don't have an opinion.

I've said all I have to say about the topic at hand.......your vocals.

Now I'm just seeing a lot of spill over from another forum and you looking for reassurance.

:D

If my vox really were off time, then that was probably just totally an accident. But yeah, I'm angry if someone like the dude from the other website says I cannot sing, but he won't tell details while I've never had a fair chance to sing any original music in the right key, yet. I've had extreme issues finding a band and if I did, nobody has written in my key so that I can sing it.

I avoided writing my own instrumentals for years because no matter what, people would show annoyance in listening to it. And I can't put my vocals on something that is a piece of crap to begin with, because if there is anything I want to do, its make a solo demo so that I can SHOW OFF my vocals to bands who need a singer or who gave up because they couldn't find one. If the genre can't be determined from the song, how can I help myself as a singer?

If my vox really were off time, then that was probably just totally an accident. But yeah, I'm angry if someone like the dude from the other website says I cannot sing, but he won't tell details while I've never had a fair chance to sing any original music in the right key, yet. I've had extreme issues finding a band and if I did, nobody has written in my key so that I can sing it.

I avoided writing my own instrumentals for years because no matter what, people would show annoyance in listening to it. And I can't put my vocals on something that is a piece of crap to begin with, because if there is anything I want to do, its make a solo demo so that I can SHOW OFF my vocals to bands who need a singer or who gave up because they couldn't find one. If the genre can't be determined from the song, how can I help myself as a singer?

I would say do what you do best and enjoy what you do. Not everyone can sing everything. That is what makes things worth listening to.

And try not to be angry about someones comments man. Either you take it as constructive criticism or ignore it. Your call. Nothing good comes from getting angry over some doods comment on the internet. You got things to do and a life to live. :)

And try not to be angry about someones comments man. Either you take it as constructive criticism or ignore it.

and...don't worry if someone else thinks you can sing or not...are you going to stop if they say you can't? Are you going to move to LA and live in your van for 2 years if they say you do? I mean, what good will come out of someone's opinion on your vocals? no matter who it is, there will always be someone who thinks that person sucks. do it for you and not for anyone else. it's the only way to be happy with what you're doing dude.

I would respond with fixing what is wrong with my vocals after going over the feedback. I have Chicago right down the road from me and so I wouldn't have to move to LA to make something good out of my trade. LoL But here is a newer version of the song--transposed down, totally new melodies, and the pitch is much much, better. The words are only temporary until I write the final lyrics, so you probably won't understand the words. But if you think it all sounds better, lemme know. Thanks.

Attachments

• SIVmp3.mp3
    1,008.8 KB · Views: 8
I just listened to this. im quite new to recording stuff using ableton and a 2i2 mixer. It sounds like ur maybe trying too hard. When u gotta punch out a vocal a bit higher in the track u dont seem to be moving away from the mic. which temporary increases the level. then u have the difficulty of having to work on a tiny segment to blend the track smoothly. U probably already know what am on about. Im still learning all those things 1st post. Hopefully somewhere on this musical journey u can pst some advice for me aaswell. All appreciated :)

I heard the newer version. I am not sure what mic you are using, but I can barely hear hear your vocals. Hvae you been recording for a while?

Raise the vocals a bit. Add some compression. It seems like the volume is up and down. I think you have a good voice. Let it come out.

Back