cybergord's "nevewr let a good thing" . . . GZ's 'collaboration'?

gecko zzed

Grumpy Mod
I'm afraid it's not really a collaboration . . . more of a hijacking, really.

Cybergord post some guide tracks a while ago with a view to getting some collaborative work going . . . which indeed he got . . . but not from me.

I downloaded the tracks, with the idea that I would participate . . . but I lost interest, then regained it, but was more interested in experimenting rather than collaborating.

So I kept the vocal track and drum track (which was just a simple loop) and used them as a basis to come up with something, which is now here in case you are interested.

It is more a collection of ideas than a finished product, so there is some waywardness about it . . . but it was interesting to take it in another direction.

http://www.box.net/shared/qz5k3aup5t

I'd like to hear more of that droning thing in the back ground and a little more aggressive EQ on the bass so that it growls/cuts through more.
More of the cascading effect on the middle guitar in fact more of that guitar.
I could hear a bit of Yoshimi Vs the Robots from the bass & drums with the drone - could be fun to follow through on.

Interesting version indeed Gecko. Very clever how you make my voice fit with the new chords??....I enjoyed this and its a very good mix. However i do miss the Chord changes (C) in my chorus bridge. Nicely hijacked.

Interesting version indeed Gecko. Very clever how you make my voice fit with the new chords??....I enjoyed this and its a very good mix. However i do miss the Chord changes (C) in my chorus bridge. Nicely hijacked.

yeah . . . sorry about the bridge . . . it somehow just went!

I'd like to hear more of that droning thing in the back ground and a little more aggressive EQ on the bass so that it growls/cuts through more.
More of the cascading effect on the middle guitar in fact more of that guitar.
I could hear a bit of Yoshimi Vs the Robots from the bass & drums with the drone - could be fun to follow through on.

Aaaargh! there are a couple of synths in the background, and I consciously kept them and the middle guitar down because I didn't want them to be too intrusive.

As for the bass . . . I'm getting a fair bit of punch from where I listen, but I shall give the whole thing another listen and maybe do an alternative mix.

Back