Covers on Youtube

seancfc

Has anyone heard of Austin Mahone? you all probably have, haha. Anyway, he does great covers of the most popular songs and his music videos are always amazing. Even when he is videoing himself singing with backing tracks. How does he do it? because he doesn't lip sync his videos. It seems like the mic is connected to his camera/pc camera. But that can't be possible, because he has the AT2020.. which only has one input and that is for the XLR cable..

So, how does he do it? here is a link to his youtube - Chaîne de AustinMahone - YouTube

And please don't hate.

You can still record the mic's input and sync it with the video later in any number of editing programs.

That dude is such a Justin Beiber wannabe. Kinda sad really :(

You can still record the mic's input and sync it with the video later in any number of editing programs.

That dude is such a Justin Beiber wannabe. Kinda sad really :(

thanks for helping me out :) and.. this is what i mean by hating.. Justin bieber is successful and theres nothing wrong with wanna be like him. He has sold millions of records. Austin mahone is amazing too, he'l get a career in singing soon!!

I appreciate your help though :) thanks.

Please....Just because you hear something you don't like doesn't mean it's "hating."

kids these days :)

lol i'm not a kid. But people hate on successful people. There is no reason for it, so there-for its "hating"

And i'm not a kid lol. I'm 17 so stfu haha :p

He does look like Justin Bieber! And yes people do hate on successful people, people who have nothing better to do. You can spice up any bit of audio through a DAW and make it sound just about perfect although this is probably not the case, but Guitaristic isn't hating, he just isn't pro bieber lol (neither am I though).

He does look like Justin Bieber! And yes people do hate on successful people, people who have nothing better to do. You can spice up any bit of audio through a DAW and make it sound just about perfect although this is probably not the case, but Guitaristic isn't hating, he just isn't pro bieber lol (neither am I though).

Haha ok. I'm not bieber either.. but i look better than him ;) I'm not as a good as him YET though :p lol

Meh - it's a young girlish looking boy, the song is transposed down a few steps, with so much Autotune it's a joke....
Disney should be calling anytime now...maybe he will be Justin's next girlfriend...

Yeah his first one is heavily pitch corrected. I had to search his videos to find raw audio because most of them were studio recordings.

lol i'm not a kid. But people hate on successful people. There is no reason for it, so there-for its "hating"

17 is a kid and I don't hate on anyone but that doesn't mean I can't recognize when someone has little talent.

I don't know the person you originally mentioned but Bieber is a manufactured star with limited abilities. That's not hating ..... that's giving my opinion which is gonna be different than yours.

I don't judge people based on their age. As I could figure out Quantum Mechanics and have a decent understanding of Evolutionary Biology at age 17. Judging people on age is a classic example of Ad Hominem.

Your post did show some sign of immaturity though. I don't dislike Beiber because he is successful. I just don't like him. And the fact that he is making so much money for a minuscule talent that SO MANY others possess is just... ridic :laughings:

I don't judge people based on their age. As I could figure out Quantum Mechanics and have a decent understanding of Evolutionary Biology at age 17. Judging people on age is a classic example of Ad Hominem.

Your post did show some sign of immaturity though. I don't dislike Beiber because he is successful. I just don't like him. And the fact that he is making so much money for a minuscule talent that SO MANY others possess is just... ridic :laughings:

Hahaha whatever. Alot of people hate him because their jealous, but some people just hate him because his fans lol. His fans are absolutely craazy!! and people also don't like him because his songs, which your probably one of them. I'm not a huge fan of his songs but I liked his one he did with usher. He should do more songs with usher and other big singers and maybe he'l get more boy fans. His songs right now are for his girl fans, which sucks. LOL

But you gotta respect him.. he is so talented. Just wanna see more of his manly side.. lol

I think all of us here dislike him because not because of jealousy but because the engineers behind him deserve the credit. I've never heard of anyone hating a singer because of his fans though. It seems like all of the popular music is filled with people who are made great, not great naturally. How can you appreciate the music if there is zero human element? I like to hear a few glitches in the voice once in a while to prove you are human :)

Hahaha whatever. Alot of people hate him because their jealous, but some people just hate him because his fans lol. His fans are absolutely craazy!! and people also don't like him because his songs, which your probably one of them. I'm not a huge fan of his songs but I liked his one he did with usher. He should do more songs with usher and other big singers and maybe he'l get more boy fans. His songs right now are for his girl fans, which sucks. LOL

But you gotta respect him.. he is so talented. Just wanna see more of his manly side.. lol

Respect him? Why do I have to do that? He is really not talented. I can go downtown where I live and pick out many who can do the same as he. Especially with the engineers behind their backs.

Respect him? Why do I have to do that? He is really not talented. I can go downtown where I live and pick out many who can do the same as he. Especially with the engineers behind their backs.

You know what.. i actually think your right,thinking of what you just said, i can remember i heard him sing on live radio and it was without auto-tune and it sounded amateurish. I do think he is talented though. He could play the drums with ease at the age of 3..

But i know what you mean by the engineers help him out a lot.

he's not very talented. I see people all the time that are far better than him.
If he's your idea of really talented that simply shows how little exposure you've had to really talented people.

I think all of us here dislike him because not because of jealousy but because the engineers behind him deserve the credit. I've never heard of anyone hating a singer because of his fans though. It seems like all of the popular music is filled with people who are made great, not great naturally. How can you appreciate the music if there is zero human element? I like to hear a few glitches in the voice once in a while to prove you are human :)

yeah you are right haha. His 'Mistletoe' song was all made from the engineers tbh. And the christmas song he did with Mariah Kerry was the same, his voice was edited to the max! haha

Yeah, the engineers are pretty talented. For a while I was noticing that in public his voice changed but on his records they were still sounding like a little boy. I couldn't figure it out until I realized that he is actually a robot!

Alot of people hate him because their jealous,

You don't know how much this sentence (fragment) makes me hate you! :cursing:

Also, I just discovered that we have an RTFM emoticon on these boards! I'm gonna start using that on every post!

I'll admit that Austin whatshisface is a better drummer than I am, but I just have no interest in some pretty teenager doing covers on YT. (Although the mashup of Bieber's "Baby" and Slipknot's "Psychosocial" is pretty amazing. :RTFM:)

I didn't like the assumption that we all knew who this Austin guy was. Okay now I think everyone has bashed you enough. :D I'll stop now.

Back