Choosing Microphone

Armin.M

Hi everyone,

i need a mic for recording rock and Metal vocals ,but in my home studio i didn't make the walls and... acoustic,i wanna know if it is possible buying a mic which does not need acoustic entourage ? if it is, help me to buy.thanks.

for your information i have m-audio profire 610 (interface) and i work with Sonar.

Unfortunately, all rooms need acoustic treatment to sound their best. If you use an cardiod mic you will reject some of the reflections but not all. Try building a vocal isolation panel - three panels each 6 feet X 3 feet joined by hinges. Sing into the panels. Then fold them away when not in use. Also look in the Studio Building forum here for ideas...

Unfortunately, all rooms need acoustic treatment to sound their best. If you use an cardiod mic you will reject some of the reflections but not all. Try building a vocal isolation panel - three panels each 6 feet X 3 feet joined by hinges. Sing into the panels. Then fold them away when not in use. Also look in the Studio Building forum here for ideas...

nice advise,but how can i make them ? and after making them which mics do you prefer ?

Answering your first question, there is no mic that is "room treatment proof". Like ido said, a cardiod mic will pick up less sound from around the mic. Similarly, dynamic mics will generally pick up less as opposed to an LDC mic. Don't pick a mic purely based on that. Pick a mic according to what it is you need to record. If you could tell us that, maybe we could give you some advice.

Answering your first question, there is no mic that is "room treatment proof". Like ido said, a cardiod mic will pick up less sound from around the mic. Similarly, dynamic mics will generally pick up less as opposed to an LDC mic. Don't pick a mic purely based on that. Pick a mic according to what it is you need to record. If you could tell us that, maybe we could give you some advice.

actually i have Akg Perception 220 and i wanna record Rock and metal Vocals,do you think i should buy another thing or it's ok ?

Back