Any Producer you Want?

Royston

If you could have the choice of any producer for the wonderful songs you have created who would you choose?

My choice would be Andy Wallace the man behind the desk for Jeff Buckley's awesome album 'Grace'. If it were still the 60's then obviously it would be George Martin.

heeh.

uhm. I'd choose trent reznor!!!!!! he could help me with the music, mixing, writing, everything, HE ROCKS!! NIne inch nails forever.

peace, ,my ignorant self is out.

I think Mutt Lange is the master of "Over-Production", yes his stuff sounds very polished but sometimes over the top. He obviously knows what he's doing though. As a side note he get's to bone Shania as well!

Michael Phillip Wojewoda- He did Change of Hearts "Smile" and the Rheostatics "Whale Music" back to back in less than a month. Runner up would be Rick Rubin. The Cult, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy and Johnny Cash all did some of their best work with him.

As for Rundgren, I'm a fan, but I wouldn't want him producing. He completely wrecked a band called The Pursuit of Happiness. He produced their first two albums, and on the second, he started demanding all kinds of changes to the songwriting and arrangements. I'd heard the songs live before they recorded it and liked them, but the same songs wreaked on the album.

Mutt Lange makes everything he touches sound like Def Leppard's Hysteria. There's nothing more annoying than using the same drum break in Bryan Adams, Shania Twain, and Def Leppard
Jeff

Help me out here...give me an example of a Bryan Adams song and a Shania Twain song that sound like DefLeppard....

Shania Leppard

Wouldn't be hard Gidge...... Big Pop Rock sounds, bordering on nausea. They are catchy though. Brian Adams, I don't think he got the super-production, but Shania is just suger-coated bubble-gum rock/country/whatever will sell on this particuliar day of the week.

My first choice would be me, with an unlimited budget.

Second choice would be Bob Ezrin with a limited budget.

You guys are a bunch of homos. I'd take Joan Jett into the studio as my producer any day of the week.

i'd send my stuff to motley crue and say: hey, make it sound like your "unreleased demo tracks". ;)

Right now i'm working with Neal Avron, who's produced / engineered / mixed albums for Everclear, The Wallflowers, SR-71, Newfound Glory, and a bunch of others...he's really great at getting sounds to work together, and keeping the energy up within a track...I'm gonna go to the mastering session at Bob Ludwigs' place...I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to learn a lot just by watching and keeping my mouth shut :)
I also worked with Brad Wood recently, who's produced Liz Phair, Smashing Pumpkins, Veruca Salt, and Tortoise...another great guy who's got a great ear for melody.
I've also been fortunate enough to converse with Ed Cherney, Steve Albini, Butch Vig, and quite a few others...
talking to these guys really shows you how little you really know...
In the future, I'd LOVE to work with Daniel Lanois, Andy Wallace, and Nigel Godrich...all very different from each other, but all great talents.
anyway, thats my list...happy recording !

Andy

Here's what I can offer

I'm on board w/ Daniel Lanois. "Acadie" is one of my all time fav's, and "Teatro" w/ Willie Nelson is also very good producton-wise. (not to mention Peter Gabriel's "So" and all the U2 stuff.
Aaron
http://www.aaroncheney.com

Re: Here's what I can offer

Aaron Cheney said:
I'm on board w/ Daniel Lanois. "Acadie" is one of my all time fav's, and "Teatro" w/ Willie Nelson is also very good producton-wise. (not to mention Peter Gabriel's "So" and all the U2 stuff.
Aaron
http://www.aaroncheney.com

....and don't forget Emmylou Harris' "Wrecking Ball"....really beautiful allbum....so much space and depth....

andy

Back