Any Melodyne Users?

If you still haven't bought into it and are just demoing...you should also check out Waves Tune.
I use the full version, but they also have a LT, "light" version for less money, not sure what the differences are, but they probably list them on the Waves site.

Waves Tune will work inside your DAW like a plug-in...so you can hear all your tracks with the vocal, or you can just solo the vocal track and only hear that. I too would find it annoying to export out the vocal to a separate editor and not be abl;e to hear what I am editing against the music...which is IMO critical for precise tune edits. Sometimes what sounds off by itself is perfect with the music, and vice versa.

You simply run Rewire on any adjacent track, and the Waves Tune will; sync right up with your other music tracks, and the timeline in Waves Tune is also locked to the timeline in your DAW...so moving one or the other...everything is in sync.

Waves Tune is very similar to Melodyne...they each have their quirks and some better points over the other...but in the end, both will get you a similar end result...so it's all about how you prefer to work.

Thank you. I will check that out. Right now I've actually completed one vocal with tracktion 5 and melodyne essential. It worked well once I got it running properly. If I want to go deeper, I just load that AIFF into melodyne 2 and tweek it a little. But as long as I'm in key, I'm happy.

While normal people don't need to be told this, and I've set up computers at work and home, I should have known. After loading the free version of Tracktion every time I'd leave a page I'd have to sign in with my password. Turns out, like every other program known to mankind, you have to restart your computer after activating it. Yep, I am a dumbass.

Well...you could drop a few coins and just buy a DAW app...things like Reaper and N-Track are REAL cheap, and will do much better than the freebies. :)

I don't. When I use Melodyne, I listen to just the vocal track. I don't want to hear anything else. My guitars and other instruments are going to be in tune, so I don't need them for a reference when adjusting intonation of a vocal track.

Exactly. Unless you're fishing for notes that might be in tune, you should know the melody of what you intend - you wrote the song! If you're moving in half-steps, it's pretty obvious if it's the right note or not.

If you really need to do it, you can just use Melodyne as a vst insert and mute everything except the vocal being edited and the instrument you're using as reference. It's that simple - mute all except the two channels, insert melodyne on vocal, open it, hit play, make changes.

I know I am late to the party on this and you have already figured a way to do what you need....

I recently started using Melodyne Essentials because it came with SonarX3. I had a lot of issues with it until they did the last upgrade. I was able to load it up on each track as an audio effect insert as a VST3 and it ran really smooth from that point on. I can listen to it with or without the backing music. It does seem the full better version offers a lot more but I am not needing that(yet). Congrats on getting Tracktion to work for you.

Back