Should I Even Pursue Training?

I didn't hear any reason for you not to go ahead and pursue some training. Your meter/ timing is pretty good and you stay on pitch most of the time. Some training will show you your range and help you with your control and breathing..........etc.....etc............all of which will make you sing better. So......if you really want to.....go ahead and have some fun. Good luck !!

Well it totally depends on what you're trying to achieve :thumbs up:

If you want to get a record deal then yeah obviously. If you want to record your own stuff and put it out there - then it's totally up to you. There's 7.1 billion people in the world - someone somewhere's gotta like it hey :)

If you don't give a s**t and get enjoyment out of what you currently 'have' - then no.

It's kind of asking "I have a bike - but should I get a new one?" If I want to go to a velodrome and do timed laps on the track, then yeah I probably should. If I just want to go to the shops for some milk & bread, then no I don't need a great bike. Do i WANT a new bike? If I do, then I'll get one, even if it is just to go to the shops. If I don't, then I won't.

OK, so you lost it a bit pitchwise when it got up high, and you have no breath control or understanding of when to breathe and when not to, and how to phrase well, but you've got a voice and you knew when to sing and when not to sing and your rhythm was pretty OK. Plenty of people hereabouts, me included, who don't start from that strong a base. And shit, I'm available on iTunes. Who'd have thunk it?

So yeah, pursue it if you want to - just make sure you've got something decent/better to sing - Hallelujah is such a cliche. You're not quite Jeff Buckley.

There's plenty of people who'll tell you you've got a good voice - that's what friends do - but if you don't know, and you lack the confidence to pursue it on your own, then go to a teacher and learn some skills. They'll tell you you've got a good voice too, that's what you're paying them for and if they don't, then you won't come back, will you? But you'll learn. Work out what you can do, and what you can do with what you can do.

There's many a great singer who can't sing for shit, technically. It's not their singing, it's what they're singing that matters.

You want to just do a better version of Hallelujah? Don't bother. You have something interesting to sing, or want to find something interesting? Go for it.

Amigo, a lot is off key and this song is way too much for now. I would start with simple songs like, hey there delilah, or something. And I did not hear a warm-up, it's bad for your voice. You do need training, I could not sit through it all. But, I see some potential.

Back