Really new to singing/Need honest opinion

BrutalHero

Hello I am really new to singing, I practice for the past month with recording sessions
and I've noticed progress over the past month. I am no where close to being good or even decent at least that is my opinion
and that's why I would like a honest opinion from you guys. Do you think if I continue I will be able to improve and get decent or I should stop?

All the songs I sing and practice with are written by me. My entire journey started when I wrote a song for fun then I thought what if I sing and record this song then I ended up making 4-5 songs and most of them resemble my life and my feelings at that time. If you could rate my singing it would be great!

I have 2 versions of a song that I am making and I would like a honest opinion from you. As I said it's no where close to being good or even decent so I would like you to tell me where I can improve and what I should focus on. My Voice,Pitch,Speed,Pronunciation Thanks !

NOTE: Everything is recorded with Audacity on a Headset Microphone (Razer Kraken)

https://soundcloud.com/user-664444964/cruel-life-rap [Cruel Life Rap Version]
https://soundcloud.com/user-664444964/cruel-life-chill-version [Cruel Life Chill Version]
https://soundcloud.com/user-66444496...an-rap-version [Cruel Life Clean Rap Version]

I am not using any other recording softwares because I don't know how they work and I can't find a decent tutorial for them.. {Reaper etc..}

Lyrics for people that can't understand me :D
----------------------------------------------------------
First of all, let me fucking talk
There's nothing worse than a faggot blocking my fucking words
I ain't here for the beat not either for your face
I am here to show you how I got first place

Either way you gonna get beat up.
Then you gonna die,
Without, anyone, trying to, save your fucking life
Maybe if you pray to your non existent god
He may end up showing and saving your life

I didn't pray I didn't wish
The only wish I had, was A Death Wish,
which made me strong made me last.
My life wasn't easy I bet yours the same... TBC Still working on completing the song​

Last edited:
This sounds like a really raw recording, maybe try and download Audacity? It's a free and simple recording software, I use it and I am a beginner also! I would recommend try to record a clearer version as I could not understand some of the lyrics. Relax a little too, have fun with it and keep at it! Flow sounded nice when rapping just need to tighten it up a bit and pronounce your words more (I also have this problem). But stay at it and I'll look out for more uploads from you.

Thanks for your feedback ! I am using audacity atm ! But I have the problem of not knowing how to make the recording sound better. Like which effects should I use? I currently Compress and Equalize . I wanted to use Reaper but it's a little bit too complicated for me to use atm.

What do you think of my voice? The recording may sound raw because I use a shitty microphone from my Razer headset but that's because It's only the beginning and I want to see if I am capable of progressing before thinking of upgrading. I am really shy to show anyone that I know my recordings so I wanted to find a forum where I can get tips from people, Do you know how I can overcome that fear of showing others my singing capabilities ?

Maybe move back away from the microphone a tiny bit when recording, this may make it a little clearer? I'm not able to answer about the effects as I just record lol I don't edit the tracks! I have this same issue, although recently I just thought to go for it and sent my friend a snapchat video with my track in the background, and he said he liked it! Then I played it for my girlfriend! Try and make some material you'll be happy showing those close to you maybe? The first time showing others is the worst and after that it gets easier! Feel free to check out my post underneath this one!

Post some more tracks, maybe some full songs and I'll keep giving you feedback

Maybe move back away from the microphone a tiny bit when recording, this may make it a little clearer? I'm not able to answer about the effects as I just record lol I don't edit the tracks! I have this same issue, although recently I just thought to go for it and sent my friend a snapchat video with my track in the background, and he said he liked it! Then I played it for my girlfriend! Try and make some material you'll be happy showing those close to you maybe? The first time showing others is the worst and after that it gets easier! Feel free to check out my post underneath this one!

Post some more tracks, maybe some full songs and I'll keep giving you feedback

Thanks I'll try! I'll work on a full song recording tomorrow :)

Back