Jolene cover - Feedback?

You sound great! I spent some time looking through your soundcloud so I could hear more of your work. I especially liked your cover of Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me."

It is impressive because from what I've heard, all of your covers are acapella, and you stay perfectly in tune. Wonderful sounding voice, and you use very tasteful embellishments.

Some of your words are difficult to understand, so i guess my only feedback to you would be to try and enunciate your words a bit more!

Just curious, what type of equipment and program are you using to record your voice? I am a jazz vocalist who is trying to get into recording. I like the reverb that you have on your recording.

You have a nice voice - lots of body to it which you have to be born with. I think you could do a lot with it.

After listening to several tracks what comes to mind is maybe try to change up your delivery, not have it be the same on everything. Your comfort zone seems to be this ROLLERer COASTer dyNAMics do you KNOW what I'm TALKing aBOUT? That can work on some things but gets monotonous after a while.

My .02

Hey, thanks for taking the time to listen! Yeah, I know what you mean. I noticed it after I began recording myself and listening to the recordings, I tend to stick to that style of soft-loud-soft-loud singing, not sure why. I'll keep practicing and (most likely) begin to take singing lessons to experiment a bit more. Thank you so much :)

Hi there! Thanks for listening. I record the songs using Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio and GarageBand. In GarageBand you can use effects. I use the "Natural" voice effect so it sounds more polished, but there are many others. But I'm kind of a newbie at this, so I'm sure there's a lot more you can do with GarageBand, if you play around it. Enjoy :)

I know one thing you should do next...get a band and become famous. Sounds good without music. If there is anything off pitch, I have not noticed. Smooth.

Back