I'm still having fun :)

witm8

I'm still here, and I'm still banging out sub-standard tunes :listeningmusic:

Thought that I'd share my latest - the Mrs went out to a Christmas party on Saturday night, so I obviously took the opportunity to pick the guitar up, sink some beers, have some creative smokes, and see what evolved.

https://soundcloud.com/tim-summers/the-wayside

Happy days. I had a great evening. I don't expect a call from Simon Cowell anytime soon insisting that I sign on the dotted line, I'm only doing it because I enjoy it. As usual, recorded on my iPad Garageband and some sketchy old USB mic.

Man.......that tune sort of throws you when you first hear it..............like holy moly what the heck is this???? But then you have to keep listening. I like it. Plain clean and simple execution. As a matter of opinion only.........I didn't care for the sound of the lead guitar..........but that's just my 2 cents worth. If it's done........then leave it as it is. If you aren't done.......as I mentioned......the lead guitar sound and the bass sound might be rethought. Cool for sure. Thanks for the listen.

Thanks for taking the time to listen - I don't really get much opertunity to receive feedback. I think that if I grabbed a pick, and scraped it up and down my low E string the Mrs would just say "Yeah, that sounds lovely." Bless her

I think that I may work on it a bit more if I find the time - which I really should try and make time. I would like to add 'something' in the second verse - something in the background - mainly to stop people turning off due to boredom, as it's hardly the at the forefront of musical theoretical genius.

I definitely do need to do something with the lead guitar. I wanted to go for a 'dirty-blues' sound, but I think that I got a bit carried away. I think that I should try it clean, and then just add a bit of dirt.

Anways, it's a good learning experience, and getting some feedback is always very welcome!

I see that the solo lead is kind of shrill, but I like the effect. Maybe soften the sound of it. Otherwise, I like it. I'm wondering what drums would do to the song. Hmm...

I like this quite a bit. To me it currently sounds like a demo or an 'acoustic' version of a song that I can hear being much bigger. Can't offer too much critique on that though when it was done on an ipad! I think your vocal is very good. You don't sound like you're trying too hard or not trying hard enough (it sounds natural and confident) and it's in tune. When it's an original song, those are the things I want to see in a vocal. Would really like to hear it expanded with a full band sound.

what's the problem? this is quite good. right off the bat, you're in the top 10% of vocalists on this forum (you can read that in two different ways). i mean, the solo doesn't fit very well with the current tones in this tune, but the acoustic/electric and the vocals sound great. nice catchy little melody on "don't let me fall by the wayside". i'd scrap the solo guitar and work on a full arrangement, even if it's a minimalist approach with easy going drums.

this is really good and the potential here is crazy good. nice work.

Back