Guitar and a song, would like honest opinion por favor

Mhcapa1

Hey everyone... Anyone lol
Hope all is well.

Basically just grabbed my guitar pushed record on my cell phone and sang a song.
Sang kinda quiet bc I didn't want the neighbors to hear me hah

But ya, looking for honest feedback on whether or not I sing decent enough to take a turn if people are passing a guitar around and singing songs. Def not a pro guitarist either.

But ya I've heard people who can't sing very well but for some reason everyone knows it but them, and I don't want to be that guy. Would be content just being a listener if that's the case.

Figured someone might listen and give honest feedback on this site.
Don't spare my feelings - truth is best.

Here's the link: https://vocaroo.com/i/s1Lz1vlEvjBB

Thanks in advance.

Oh and if you need an ear for same purpose with your singing, I'll give you my opinion as well, just ask.

Mh

Last edited:
Sounded good. I was hoping you’d open up on a Chorus and use a bigger voice, I was very curious to hear how that would sound. I understand you were keeping the volume levels down, though. You definitely have a voice that pleases the ear. Keep it up

Hey, thanks for giving feedback.
Ya, I didn't want anyone around to hear - in case I sound like a cow caught in a thunderstorm :)
Might go somewhere where no one can hear sometime and belt something out and see how it sounds.
Another guy told me it sounded kind of bland, which I kind of agree with... it's missing that thing that pro singers have, but idk I might just not have that, which is ok.
He said I was in tune and was hitting the notes. Which is cool. Honestly tho I just move a capo around until it's easy to sing, that wound up on capo 1, whatever that means. I'm sure musicians are hand to forehead when I say stuff like that, but ya, it's just idk all that stuff real musicians know and it seems hard to figure out...
Thanks again for lending your ear.
Guess I'm ok for a song if they're passing gtr around a campfire or whatnot.
Hey and if you or anyone else reads this - if youve got any negative criticism too I'm open to hear it, can't know weak spots others notice unless you tell me so.

Sounded good. I was hoping you’d open up on a Chorus and use a bigger voice, I was very curious to hear how that would sound. I understand you were keeping the volume levels down, though. You definitely have a voice that pleases the ear. Keep it up

Sounds really good. Honestly. I think the little hint if insecurity is attractive. But yeah the listener does expect you to open up and on those parts, you sound like you're holding back. My only real critique is the dynamics, I can't really explain it but I keep struggling to hear you after a word or phrase drops off, could just be the recording Other than that, I really enjoyed the song, very intimate. well done

Last edited:

+ 1..Nothing to worry about, fella!
Guitar's absolutely fine too.

Hopefully see you in the MP3 Mixing Clinic before too long. ;)

Guitar sounds awesome, as does your voice. Hell i’d kill to sound this good passing a guitar around a campfire. Great stuff.

Guitar sounds great! You have a very nice voice too! Maybe you just need more confidence in your abilities.

You have a really good voice man, you have that kind of voice that someone hears in the radio looking through the window while it's rainning and thinking about something bad that happened ahah. At least that's the kind of voice I would like to have, but wasn't born with it ahah. Keep it up!

Melted me within the first few notes. All that needs changing is bringing the singing forward in the mix, but almost everyone needs to do that when starting out.

Yeah- the recording is the obvious weak link here rather than your performance- which seems great, but then you can’t really hear it properly.

Back