Do I have anything to work with?

Chronovore

Hello, I’ve been a guitarist for over 20 years, just starting to get into singing my own songs though I’ve always enjoyed singing. This is a song I finished the arrangement on yesterday. I’m not sure I like the tone of my voice, but maybe it’s because I’m not used to sound when it isn’t coming directly from my mouth when I hear it.

I’d appreciate any tips any can give me on what they like and don’t like about the way I sing.

Thanks

Time by ReverseOsmosis - Listen to music

I dig it! Vocals sound pretty damn good to me but then again I'm no an aficionado of vox. I like the ska/rock feel to the song. I think the only issue I could hear was in a few parts the vocals (mix-wise) didn't quite sit right. Overall I think it sounded pretty good and I would definitely listen to something like this in my car.

Dude you're good.
Sounds almost like something on radio.

There's just some tiny spots here and there where it sounds barely off...really not off...more like you're missing it a tiny bit, but nothing a vocal warm up or a few lessons won't fix. Fix is probably the wrong word - more like refine.

I'm pretty brutally honest too.
My expectation level is at a certain point when ppl ask if they can sing. From the first words of you singing I was like wow.. this sounds like a real artist.

My 2 cents

Hi, KrystianL and Mhcapa1, and thank you for taking the time to listen and provide feedback. I’m glad you both liked it, it felt like a good song when I finished it, but I was worried my vocals couldn’t carry it. It’s reassuring to know that people actually enjoy my singing because I don’t wanna stop; I really enjoy it and wish I’d started a long time ago. Anyways thanks for the honest opinions and for your time.

For sure.
Thank ufor listening and giving a little feedback on mine!

I came back to listen to it again.
It's a catchy song.
It sounds ok - voice and all.
If music industry put their like big money tools on it I think it would push it over the edge and I could imagine it being on radio level... I don't mean like corny radio stuff what I mean is your abilities with composition, singing etc I hear on this.
I like how the guitar does... And placement of syllables with beat. It carries it along to the chorus, and the chorus is like 1 that I find myself humming afterwards.
...doing it now as I type hah

Would just say - if you're pursuing this as a full time thing putting music out there - I'd say make sure whatever words/ ideas you put out there are what you'd be ok with if they influenced people, even after you're gone. Lead people in the right way you know... Realize it's your life and your music so it's your art, just my advice for what it's worth.
I think u have potential.
Also - Not saying you are or not on this song - haven't analyzed the lyrics yet... Ive just listened to it multiple times just bc it's catchy and sounds good man! :)

Going to the rest of your songs on SoundCloud now.
Like I said - think you've got potential man.

Peace

Hi, KrystianL and Mhcapa1, and thank you for taking the time to listen and provide feedback. I’m glad you both liked it, it felt like a good song when I finished it, but I was worried my vocals couldn’t carry it. It’s reassuring to know that people actually enjoy my singing because I don’t wanna stop; I really enjoy it and wish I’d started a long time ago. Anyways thanks for the honest opinions and for your time.

Last edited:
You sounds awesome mate, but of a good charlotte type of voice. Great recording too. Only thing I can think to pick on is that maybe it sounds a little strained, like you’re working hard? Could relax it up a little. But just barely. Sounds great.

Yes you have something to work with! It sounded really great, you have a nice tone to your voice too

Back