Triad-Orbit microphone (and everything else) stands

Bubba Spear

I thought the Hercules microphone stands were good, but these look fantastic. The cage around my microphone is massive, so this stuff will do nicely. A very detailed video with lots of humour. I learnt more here than going to the Triad-Orbit site.

In a first post here I indicated that nothing else was needed, and that I was completely satisfied with a few simple purchases. I still stand by that, except for this little addition. Then that is it... forever! And you can take that to the bank. Guaranteed!

https://youtu.be/kW5L5Wk85uY

Bubba Speare

Fancy stand. If I need extra stability, I'll just usually put a sandbag or two on the legs and save the extra couple hundred bucks for "breaktime refreshments" :laughings:

Ha, ha... I don't take breaks or refreshments :-)

I just bought the T1 stand plus boom arm to go with it. Also, a long stemmed attachment to hold a hanging mic cage from above. What I really want to say is... IT'S HEAVY! I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW HEAVY IT IS! This stand ain't going anywhere. Just picking it up is like removing a heavy dumbbell from a gym rack. Incredible! Buying the T1 on its own will save you weight.

The T1 is classed as a short mic stand and one up in size from the Mini. However, for seated narration you can easily position the mic/stand on the floor, with hight extended and boom slightly extended too. You could also collapse everything to minimum settings and put the stand on a table. Yes, it has a wide base, but this can be reduced (check online to see what I mean). Very glad I purchased. Just don't plan on carting it around by public transport.

Expensive but excellently made, with very high quality parts all round. Lots of YouTube videos out there, so do a search. I had considered Yellowtec before stumbling across Triad-Orbit. The whole Triad system is interchangeable for camera, lights, laptop, iPhone, iPad etc. You can even hang a light vertically straight down from your ceiling. My regular tabletop stand was hindering, as in a seated position I found myself leaning too far forward.

Added bonus: you can cancel your gym membership.

Bubba Speare

Back