Things I wish I learned about audio engineering

DAS19

I recently decided to write an article on things I wished I learned sooner about audio engineering, in it I talk about a few things that would have saved me a lot of frustration! It received a really great response so I decided to start a blog where I can share more of my ideas.

Check out "Things I wish I learned about audio engineering" here,
Things I wish I learned sooner about audio engineering – Audio Hertz

Check out the second part here,
[More] Things I wish I learned sooner about audio engineering – Audio Hertz

I'll be sending out a newsletter once every 2-3 weeks. If you're interested please sign up!

Hi David. Maybe I'm off base here, but it seems spammy for a guy from Astoria, New York to be posting self promoting links in the Denver Audio Engineers Meetup page on Facebook.

Looks like a mod moved the thread, so that's resolved.
One of the most overlooked skills is the ability to run a session smoothly
I've noticed that when I track with other people. If I goof up a take, it's incredibly frustrating to wait 10 or 15 seconds to try again while they do ... something with protools.
I'm so used to: hit stop. Hit undo. Hit record.

Well, one just needs to put up a small fee to read all the AES. But a lot of that has been out in the Public over the years.

Looks like a mod moved the thread, so that's resolved.

I've noticed that when I track with other people. If I goof up a take, it's incredibly frustrating to wait 10 or 15 seconds to try again while they do ... something with protools.

I think every client is different and the skill is knowing how to figure out what type of client you're working with. If I record someone like you that wants to just do new takes as quickly as possible, then I know I should have everything set up and ready to go; extra tracks, inputs and effects set properly, before we even start recording.

Thanks for reading!

:D

You should try some tracking with a tape deck...there's always some time to kill in-between the rewinding. :p
TBH...I actually enjoy those pauses..'cuz you get the opportunity to think on things for a moment or two, take a few breaths, or take a sip of coffee, or whatever...and after awhile, you settle in to that kind of pace.

Back