Sound on Sound latest issue

ecc83

I KNOW I bang on about it..A lot! But this month's mag should have wide interest.

First an excellent series of top peeps and real world use of vocal performance mics (yes, the Sm58 figures but does not dominate) .

Then there is a very good treatise about computer connectors which all noobs should read and larn about USB 1,2,3,3.1 TB and all the tricks and curves they can throw you.

Dave.

WARM AUDIO WA87 got on the list for 2018 choice awards or whatever they call it.
I dont subscribe so cant read it, but SOS is probably one of my fav reviews at elast a few of the guys.

I've been noticing the last few years or so coming across good useful stuff from Sound On Sound. Thinking about 'subscribing to give some back.

I've been noticing the last few years or so coming across good useful stuff from Sound On Sound. Thinking about 'subscribing to give some back.

Trust me...they get it ALL back and then some from the advertisers. :D
I would not pay them to subscribe for the hardcopies.

I have a couple of other audio magazines that I was getting for free...and it was too many copies each month, so I cancelled a couple of them...and they keep sending me requests to re-subscribe!
They bill the advertisers based on their subscription numbers. So it's really in their interest to get as many issues out as possible.
I still get several hardcopy magazines for free. Not sure why SoS charges...but you can get it free online, I think though it's like one month behind.

Yeah. I don't need monthly hardcopy at all (Tape Op's enough.
Plus got to figure it's only ever selected stuff really interesting.
I haven't checked if there's additional content on line if you sign up?

Trust me...they get it ALL back and then some from the advertisers. :D
I would not pay them to subscribe for the hardcopies.

I have a couple of other audio magazines that I was getting for free...and it was too many copies each month, so I cancelled a couple of them...and they keep sending me requests to re-subscribe!
They bill the advertisers based on their subscription numbers. So it's really in their interest to get as many issues out as possible.
I still get several hardcopy magazines for free. Not sure why SoS charges...but you can get it free online, I think though it's like one month behind.

I used to get Studio Sound & Broadcasting for free when I was involved with an AV business. I dare say the same applies to Ssound and you could get a freebie if you own a stooodio?

Dave.

Back