Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: PROTECT YOUR EARS !!!!!! You Only have 2 of Them!

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by rob aylestone View Post
    Musician wins landmark ruling over ruined hearing - BBC News

I've been following this for a long time - and the Opera House lost. Damages to be announced later - but the guy sat in front of a brass section and now ordinary sounds feel like a needle being shoved into his ear, and they are responsible. Hearing is precious.
    I always wondered about the folks who served and were exposed in the military.
    Placebo stomps 96k ....... Recent projects
    Ray Catfish Copeland 'Got Love Jim Goodman 'Southern Steel

Thanks
    Great issue to bring up, as it's something many people don't think about till it's too late. I always try and wear earplugs when rehearsing/at gigs but when I'm working with headphones on I tend to turn them up far too loud. Problem is, you don't really realise how loud you have it until you turn it off! Always been worried by tinnitus. Need to turn those headphones down!

Thanks
    After reading the posts here immediately remember Beethoven after the deaf has continued to write music. Yes, I agree, trouble with hearing among musicians is very relevant. Saw on the Internet article that the drummer of "Metallica" Lars Ulrich begins to stoop and that's why the fans notice that he sometimes does not hit the beat. Personally, I have poor eyesight. And my grandmother told me that when one sense organ weakens, then others become aggravated. It seems to me that in comparison with children (and then I saw well) my hearing erupted and now I hear very small details. But now I began to notice that sometimes after the headphones and working with instruments I feel a slight stunning ... and then for a few more hours there is deafness.

Thanks
    I read somewhere that hearing damage is the most common injury in the service. It never occurred to me but it makes sense. Unrelated (I didn’t serve), my left ear is a bit muffled compared to my right. I chalk it up to years of driving on the highway with the window down. But it could just be biology.

My dad has tinnitus but he worked in factories for decades, so I’m not too worried. But I am on the lookout. I ask him from time to time how his health is holding up. A little out of actual concern, but also a little because I know I’m likely to have similar problems when I reach his age. :P

Thanks
    Hmm. I know about the 'windows open' very low freq danger. (No.. it doesn't sound loud to us people..

I figured it applied to the whole car. My left rings much worse than the right. Is that related?

I recall in my teen's band times looking down to find this girl with here ear up against my Supper four tens cab. Stopped her. And she said "Oo it makes my ear 'tingle " As if some new fun she'd found.
    I still wonder how screwed she might be now.
    Placebo stomps 96k ....... Recent projects
    Ray Catfish Copeland 'Got Love Jim Goodman 'Southern Steel

Thanks
    Holy crap that’s insane. I’m not good with loud noises, as odd as that is with this hobby. A couple days ago the fire alarm went off in a coffee shop I was in and I jerked so bad I spilled my drink everywhere.

Thread Information