Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PROTECT YOUR EARS !!!!!! You Only have 2 of Them!

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerDude View Post
    I have tinnitus. I'm one of the lucky ones that it doesn't really bother me.
    Some people are driven half nuts by it.

I've thought of trying some of the various meds for it.
    But they sound a bit like snake oil.
    I may give one a rip.

Amazon.com: Tinnifree Maximum Strength Tinnitus Formula with Clinically Studied Ingredients. ENT Recommended. Powerful Effective Formula to Improve Inner Ear Circulation & Help Stop Ringing in the Ears 60 ct.: Health & Personal Care
    Amazon.com: NaturalCare Ringstop Ear Drops, 0.5-Ounce: Health & Personal Care
    I only clicked on the last one .. but, bad sign. -Command go :from Yellow to RED alert :

..homeopathic drop formula [Yellow' LOL] is an additional tool for those who suffer from ringing in the ears, and other noises such as hissing, clicking, buzzing, roaring, whistling, or chirping. The volume can range from a ring to a roar.
    Ringspot ear drops deliver this safe homeopathic formula directly to the affected area,
    What!? The inner ear cilia,..you say?
    Please tell me.. the other one is not this ..full of.. (temper Wayne..) 'out-o-whack.
    Placebo stomps 96k ....... Recent projects
    Ray Catfish Copeland 'Got Love Jim Goodman 'Southern Steel

Thanks
    OP here ....... I went to an audiologist yesterday and my hearing was 100% perfect. Eardrum function was also perfect. She doesn't suspect my tinnitus is from loud music but from some other cause. Nevertheless, I'm still going to turn down my headphones.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by raybbj View Post
    OP here ....... I went to an audiologist yesterday and my hearing was 100% perfect. Eardrum function was also perfect. She doesn't suspect my tinnitus is from loud music but from some other cause. Nevertheless, I'm still going to turn down my headphones.
    Good news.. on the ear' end likely
    'Other causes (though? Blood pressure, sodium,.. I'm trying to remember what they are..
    Mine (the ringing level) seems to vary somewhat.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mixsit View Post
    Good news.. on the ear' end likely
    'Other causes (though? Blood pressure, sodium,.. I'm trying to remember what they are..
    Mine (the ringing level) seems to vary somewhat.
    Aspirin is a main cause also.

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by raybbj View Post
    Aspirin is a main cause also.
    Oh? ***K! I am on 75mg a day FOR LIFE!

Dave.

Thanks
    Since I committed to 'cutting the cord', I have accumulated a tablet and a smartphone. I also have an old mini MP3 player I rarely use since I got my phone. Up until I acquired these gadgets (last year), I only used earbuds when a friend had me listen to their stuff - rarely.

These days when I'm streaming stuff, I frequently use my earbuds and I'm always cranking the volume past the device's warning level, which usually kicks in around 12 or 13. The trouble is, all the earbuds I've used don't perform well as inserted. Nearly all the low end is lost. Sometimes, especially with music, I'll put a fingertip under my ears at the back of the jaw on either ear and push straight up. This compresses the ear cavity around the earbud and the low end springs to life. It's like turning the bass track in a mix up from -50 to -18. The pressing is uncomfortable after a few seconds, but wow.. sure sounds great, and the volume isn't uncomfortable - I actually turn it down when I kick the bass in like this.

As an infant, I had problems with one ear which resulted in one of the openings being smaller than the other. I have to use two different sized foam buds to accommodate this, otherwise one would keep falling out. So, I do most of my music listening with over the ear headphones and have been running those at about 2/3 the volume I have in the past. Sometimes I still have to crank it, though - just for one song
    Failure - - the path of least persistence

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ecc83 View Post
    Oh? ***K! I am on 75mg a day FOR LIFE!

Dave.
    Our 'thinner dose over here [over the counter] are 80mg.
    I didn't know (or didn't remember if I did ..so
    Can a low dose of aspirin cause tinnitus? | Aspirin - Sharecare
    That's nice

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mixsit View Post
    I didn't know this. Figured/went by 'dB ratings, but mostly -how was I after shooting and taking them out or off.
    Hi mixsit,
    Just saw this.

I think that alot of one's sensitivities to sound also depend on one's DNA.

I seem to have a very sensitive body - the tinnitus is getting worse, and after a few weeks of intense guitar practice recently, which I really, really enjoyed, I seem to have worsened some Repetive Strain Injuries, and to have permanently created others. This is really frustrating.
    www.CollaborativeTherapy.com
    "If the The Beatles or the '60s had a message it was 'Learn to Swim'. And once you've learned - Swim".
    John Lennon

Thanks
    Sorry to hear that...Thank you for the reminder. I heard in-ear monitors by 64Audio apparently protect against this because there's lesser air pressure or no air pressure I believe but I can't be sure.

Thanks
    Musician wins landmark ruling over ruined hearing - BBC News

I've been following this for a long time - and the Opera House lost. Damages to be announced later - but the guy sat in front of a brass section and now ordinary sounds feel like a needle being shoved into his ear, and they are responsible. Hearing is precious.

Thread Information