Powered Mixing Desk

close

I am going to buy an Allen & Heath PA 20 powered mixing desk.
I am going to use the on board amp to power the monitors on stage.
and want to send from the Main L&R outs to a power amp.
Will the signal from the main outs have the same mix as the mix going to my monitors,
(Channel level, EQ, and Effects)
Thanks in advance for any help.

I am going to buy an Allen & Heath PA 20 powered mixing desk.
I am going to use the on board amp to power the monitors on stage.
and want to send from the Main L&R outs to a power amp.
Will the signal from the main outs have the same mix as the mix going to my monitors,
(Channel level, EQ, and Effects)
Thanks in advance for any help.

Check the signal path in the Block Diagram in the manual. If that does not help, talk to A&H. Got one of their mixers, nice guys.

Dave.

I agree with ecc83 that a call to Allen and Heath is in order. I had a quick look at the block diagram and I'm still not clear whether you can send aux feeds for monitors to the power amp and something different to the Main L&R outs.

However, on a more general issue, I'd probably prefer a mixer that just mixes and separate external power amps for monitors and mains (or powere speakers for one of the applications. You can probably put together this sort of system for similar money to the PA20 and have a lot more flexibility.

I agree with the non-powered mixer. It seems like it would be convienient to have the built in amps, but it generally comes with other limitations.

I would also suggest getting powered monitors and PA speakers. That way, you can string as many together as you need for the situation, without dealing with impedance and/or adding amps.

Power amps and passive speakers is a really old school way of doing it.

Many Thanks guys, I will give A&H a call.
My idea is to have the exact same mix to house and to monitors.

Hi Guys talked Allen & Heath they say the same signal will go to the main outs.
That's what I need.

If we would have known that you wanted the house mix in the monitors, we could have told our that. Usually, the monitor mix needs to be different. At least eq'd differently for feedback suppression, and without delays and reverb, for the same reason.

Back