Please delete my account already - sent an email to every single admin

P

pauloemanuel.ng

What the title says. Sorry for having to do this but too many weeks have passed...

Jesus. Not even this works. Better start looking for hardcore **** then...

I've always wondered why people on forums get wound up about 'leaving' - surely you simply stop visiting and contributing? Many forums also do NOT remove old posts because it wrecks the history, makes older topics confusing, and also is a bit kind of insulting to other people who took the trouble to contribute - I'm very much in favour of the forums who say if you post, then that is your responsibility. We'll take you off the list of current members, and we can if you want ban you from posting, but what is the point? Some forums do remove all your content, but most don't any longer. Too much effort and too much damage if you post lots of stuff.

Here, they seem to have deleted you, but you want more?

I agree with Rob.
None of us has ever had a problem removing accidentally posted personal information, regretted comments, contentious posts etc, but we don't really delete accounts unless there's a spammer or something.
It does generally mess up timelines and make posts a lot less helpful for future readers.

That said, you didn't have many posts - user contribution forum choice was a nice irony. ;)

For future reference, should you come back, there are four mods here and we're active day-to-day, whereas admin is available for less frequent, harder to solve, issues.

I've always wondered why people on forums get wound up about 'leaving'...

I think in his case it had to to do with his music....because all the links in his posts to soundcloud came up empty when I tried them yesterday, yet he still has a soundlcoud account with some other...ahh...music on it.
So I think that he probably didn't want people hearing it or commenting on it...or something like that....maybe becuase of all the negative comments about his guitar being out of tune...?

I've seen others do that...they get very possessive of their posts or their music links...wanting to "take back".
I don't know if it's for fear of some sort of ridicule or because they are very protective of their "art" and don't want it "out there" until they are sure....???

Anyway...I thought it was funny too...he was willing to post p0rn in order to get banned, just so his account would be removed. :p

That's even better than suicide by mod...where you attack the mods to get banned.

Suicide by p0rn!!! :laughings:

Worth clarifying that deleting an account does NOT delete posts--it just changes the status under your name to "Guest" as has happened in this case.

Quite right too...although not so likely in this case, deleting posts that are part of threads can make what's left really hard to follow.

Back