Looking for a matching player

wuzzo

668- the neighbour of the beast
Hello
I've got the speakers for a now-defunct Pioneer XV-DV303 DVD/CD Receiver home cinema but I just want an amp/player for CDs , preferably with USB facility. There are 5 speakers and a subwoofer, each rated at 75w and 8 Ohms.
Can somebody please recommend something suitable to drive them ?
Regards

Thanks mack- yes, it would but that's WAY out of my price range

Yeppers- a duet partner would be good. You ain't a black female with an unusually good feel for soul and blues, are ya ? UK based. :)

Nope, I'm a 56 year old 6" 2" bald white fat guy 20 miles south of DC. However, I am good at adapting according to the need, but this may be beyond my scope or capabilities! ;-)

Wuzzo, check out charity shops. In Northampton there is a big Heart Foundation store that stocks loads of electricals, seem many a receiver in there. We also have a huge new Sally Army store selling 7' Smeg fridges for a ton.

Dave. (and sorry, I am only 6ft but way too old at 73 but only a bit overweight)

You blokes ain't short of humour and ingenuity. Maybe you could remotely collaborate . ' Fat White Cousins ' ain't a bad band name. :)

You blokes ain't short of humour and ingenuity. Maybe you could remotely collaborate . ' Fat White Cousins ' ain't a bad band name. :)

Well I WAS a passing decent bass player in my day (gimme the chords and I'll have a go)

Dave.

That's funny! I can remember playing some skins a few years back, but that was before I had both knees replace. I could give it a shot, but Dave would have to keep the tempo down. If so, we could use ReaNINJAM to link our mics together and recording remotely. My only concern was if we got so popular and since I need to be in bed by 7, we might have to play at Denney's or some place that caters to a older clientele.

:) Before we get too far down memory lane to turn the van around- I found an original Pioneer player to match the speakers on eBay.

Thanks for the input, asides and amusement :)

Back